bad front dif?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
So really weird. Going on a 2 hour trip it felt like a tire blew out. Pulled over and nothing. Couldn't find anything wrong. Drove off and it was fine. Coming back almost home it did it again. Feels kinda like a hopping binding thing. Guessing the dif is about to shit on me... any ideas other than dif?

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the emergency brakes. mine became loose and would hit/grind the rotors once in a while

OP
OP
Gzes

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
E brake never has worked since I got it. And it's coming from front end. Not a grind it's an actual shaking like if a tire blew out

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silly question, but have you tried putting it in 2wd only to see if it continues?

Could also be a bad/dry u-joint or bad/dry cv joint...?

Does it happen just when making a turn or going straight also?

OP
OP
Gzes

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
It's awd. Can't turn to 2wd. Does it going straight. No problems turning. No sound on cv axles neither. Willing to bet bearings on the dif are shot since it's had a small dif whine since I got it

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the shaking change with speed and have you tried applying the brakes while in a straight line to rule out brakes causing the issue? Also, make sure you don't have any lugnuts loose

OP
OP
Gzes

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Lugs are fine. Both times it happened were on highway going 75. It's at a shop atm but they havnt even started. Getting kind of pissed. Heard good things but if they don't start on it this week I'm pulling it out and doing myself. I've got the skills to do it but I'm doing a h22 swap on one of my hondas so have my plate full

wesyder

Reaction score
I had a problem similar to this and it was a front hub bearing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts