Autoride Suspension Replacement with Bilstein 5100's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I totally forgot to disconnect the ride height sensors. Is it really important to do? Im guessing the change in voltage can burn up the resistors.

Correct that's why they need to be disconnected because it will burn up resistors

OP
OP
JT 07LTZ

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct that's why they need to be disconnected because it will burn up resistors

I just unplugged all of the ride height sensors. I turned the truck on and didn't have any lights but I'll see what happens when I drive tomorrow.

Hope you got a chance to see the resistor install post I finally made today

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I just unplugged all of the ride height sensors. I turned the truck on and didn't have any lights but I'll see what happens when I drive tomorrow.

Hope you got a chance to see the resistor install post I finally made today

Keep us posted on any issues that might pop up after driving around. And not yesterday but saw it this morning. Great work!

OP
OP
JT 07LTZ

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted on any issues that might pop up after driving around. And not yesterday but saw it this morning. Great work!

OK so after driving around some today after disconnecting the ride height sensors, I had the service suspension light come back on. I haven't pulled any fuses for the suspension yet.

Any ideas?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
OK so after driving around some today after disconnecting the ride height sensors, I had the service suspension light come back on. I haven't pulled any fuses for the suspension yet.

Any ideas?

The computer uses the ride height sensors to control electronic dampening on the shocks along with rear air ride height. You should get some resistors for the sensors to disable them also to a standard position. I would use a multimeter to measure volts and resistance of switch then get compensating resistor to cancel out signal. Then you need to remove fuses for air compressor but not sure if that will cause lights in dash either.

OP
OP
JT 07LTZ

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The computer uses the ride height sensors to control electronic dampening on the shocks along with rear air ride height. You should get some resistors for the sensors to disable them also to a standard position. I would use a multimeter to measure volts and resistance of switch then get compensating resistor to cancel out signal. Then you need to remove fuses for air compressor but not sure if that will cause lights in dash either.

That all makes sense. These trucks are really a pain in the ass. I'll get some readings and figure it out.

Part of me wants to just disconnect the height Rods from the hubs and glue them in place on the sensor so it will always be at the right "height"

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
That all makes sense. These trucks are really a pain in the ass. I'll get some readings and figure it out.

Part of me wants to just disconnect the height Rods from the hubs and glue them in place on the sensor so it will always be at the right "height"

That's the same thing as resistors. So you could secure the rods to the liner with some zip ties and it will stop the message. Still have to figure out how to keep the air compressor off with no codes. Only heard if you pull both fuses it's off. It might have a dash icon. They really made this truck so damn complicated for stupid air ride. I really wish my Denali didn't have it from the factory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JT 07LTZ

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might try that if I can get it to match the right angle on the arm coming off the sensor. My compressor is burnt out anyway so it never runs. If I can get away without pulling the fuses I probably wont.

I wish I didn't have autoride either. It's been nothing but a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e