Autoride conversion to standard shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
So i have seen a lot of post about this and is it really as simple as putting on the new shocks and pulling the RTD fuse? Not really wanting to spend $800 on new autoride shocks and compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is that simple but some people say that pulling that fuse does something to steering, I forget what it is exactly but some say it did nothing and some say if affected the steering.

When i switched over to regular shocks i just bolted them in and bought resistors that you can put on the wires attached to the autoride shocks that make the DIC message go away. But i never put them on because i decided not to cut up the wires just in case i ever sell my truck and the next owner wants to make the mistake of putting autoride back in.

I just hit a button on the steering wheel to make the DIC message go away every time i start the truck. It`s no big deal to me.

subieworx

Reaction score
I converted mine and hit the button for a year before realizing I could pull the fuse. Pulled the fuse to shut the system off and noticed no ill effects. Everything in terms of steering feels no different at all.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I have a thread around here with what resistors to use to get rid of the message. Just do a search

OP
OP
K

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I have a thread around here with what resistors to use to get rid of the message. Just do a search
Do I need a resistor on the compressor too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907