Autoride bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks02ext

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, hate to bother you but i have had the service stability light on since i bought my truck a year ago, i put resistors it the wires but light is still on, just wanted to know if the resistor goes on the wires that clip on TOP of the front shock, i just ordered the green ones to try again. thank you for your help
its an 02 cadillac EXT.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, hate to bother you but i have had the service stability light on since i bought my truck a year ago, i put resistors it the wires but light is still on, just wanted to know if the resistor goes on the wires that clip on TOP of the front shock, i just ordered the green ones to try again. thank you for your help
Yes, and also on the rear shocks. You need to do all 4. Cut the connectors off and connect one wire to each end of the resistor.

Ricks02ext

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, and also on the rear shocks. You need to do all 4. Cut the connectors off and connect one wire to each end of the resistor.
thanks, the rear was done, no light, its the front ones that need them. just wasnt sure what 2 wires it went to.

B2sdad

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the ones I used on my ride. Hard to tell if they worked or not until I can pinpoint the problem. I was looking underneath the Suburban yesterday and I suspect the ride height sensors were not shortened ? Belltech supplies a shortened rod that is supposed to be installed to make the sensors approx 3 inches in length from center per the instructions? Mine were never touched?
Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 10.26.30 AM.png

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a regular gold 25w led resistor on my 04. You canget them on ebay or in pepboys.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out all 4 autoride shocks for Bilstein 5100's over the weekend and soldered and sleeved 4 of these resistors onto the sensor wires:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H7CZLZB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Still getting "service suspension system" error but I don't think it's because of the shock sensors. Pretty sure it something to do with the compressor itself (compressor exhaust to be exact). Anyone know if it's possible to just completely delete this component from the ECU using a programmer?

Also would like to ask anyone who has experience with the Bilstein 5100 install - does the front "settle" at all over time? I adjusted them as tall as they would go and I'm riding slightly higher in the front than the back. It doesn't look terrible but I'd obviously like it to be even. If it doesn't even itself out after 1k miles or so I'll probably buy some spacers for the rear coils to level it out.

EDIT: Here's a pic for reference:

a81543e2-a0f0-45d5-a133-d12efea191f4.jpg

Last edited:

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing to mine and the service suspension light wasn’t on. It came back on about 6 months after my install and I haven’t been able to get rid of it since.

As far as the leveling issue. You have to swap the stock auto ride rear springs for stiffer springs. Stock autoride springs are softer than standard springs. I used the Moog Z71 springs on mine. They worked great.

I ended up adding a 3/4” spacer in the rear to get a little of the factory rake back so I don’t have any Cali lean when I’m towing.

Last edited:

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing to mine and the service suspension light wasn’t on. It came back on about 6 months after my install and I haven’t been able to get rid of it since.

As far as the leveling issue. You have to swap the stock auto ride rear springs for stiffer springs. Stock autoride springs are softer than standard springs. I used the Moog Z71 springs on mine. They worked great.

I ended up adding a 3/4” spacer in the rear to get a little of the factory rake back so I don’t have any Cali lean when I’m towing.

I used the same springs in the rear (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00498ZR7A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but with the front strut adjustment put all the way up to the top setting I think I overcompensated so I may need to do the same that you did (3/4" spacer) to get the rear to level out. that would be far less of a pain in the ass than pulling out the front shocks and taking them apart again to change the adjustment.

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the same springs in the rear (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00498ZR7A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), but with the front strut adjustment put all the way up to the top setting I think I overcompensated so I may need to do the same that you did (3/4" spacer) to get the rear to level out. that would be far less of a pain in the ass than pulling out the front shocks and taking them apart again to change the adjustment.

Yes I would definitely just do the rear spacer. It’s so much easier

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one of the compressors from Amazon, and it has a lifetime warranty, on my third one, but oh well, it takes me about 30-60 min to swap it out by the time I get the car up in the air and the wheel off (makes it easier but not necessary)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n