Aug incentives? Help driving deal further

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
Trying to secure a purchase on a 17 SLT 2WD. So far the local dealers around me for the most part have marked down about 10K and won't budge anymore off that. Going to larger cities around me, it appears some have marked down a little over 12K which is getting better.

All of them of course want me to deal by close of business tomorrow to take advantage of July incentives expiring. I'm hoping that if they don't come down to my price that August will see even larger mark downs?

Here is the breakdown

MSRP 64, 025

price after discounts

54,166 before TTL

Out of town dealer in ATL..before even calling him offered

MSRP 64, 690
asking 53,209

I'm looking to get down to 52 or so. Am I being unrealistic? I've seen out in TX the same vehicles already being listed for 51-53K give or take with the same options.

Any advice to squeeze an extra 500-700? I'm military and have tried that avenue. Very disappointing that GM mil rebate is not stackable. Every other manufacturer Ive dealt in the past took mil off the best pricing they could offer.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealer in ATL are you dealing with? No one I spoke with could come anywhere near the 10K off that Laura was offering.

OP
OP
DLAv8r

DLAv8r

Reaction score
Its Capital up in Smyrna. They advertise 12K in incentives. Surrounding area dealers where I live in Huntsville are just about around 9-10K off before negotiating.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are gmc's marked down so much. The best I can do on a Tahoe is 4K if I finance other than gm

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had looked for over a year and couldn't ever find or negotiate $10k off. Last year Covert Austin GMC had $13k off for a few months. This year when I was looking it was about $7k off and their inventory wasn't as large nor did I like the spec of the Denali.

OP
OP
DLAv8r

DLAv8r

Reaction score
Why are gmc's marked down so much. The best I can do on a Tahoe is 4K if I finance other than gm

Yeah I can't figure it out. Basically makes both vehicles cost about the same. I'd rather have the gmc for the same price. After having always had foreign cars.. I'm not able to figure out how to deal on these. So far just about 3 dealers all offer the same price that anyone can see online and refuse to budge from that price.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one thing that irritates me about these incentives. I've been a loyal chevy guy for about 30 years now. I buy or lease 2 new suvs every 3 years religiously. Yet I get offered 500$ for lease loyalty but a Toyota/ Honda owner is offered 2 x that amount to give chevy a try?

OP
OP
DLAv8r

DLAv8r

Reaction score
There is one thing that irritates me about these incentives. I've been a loyal chevy guy for about 30 years now. I buy or lease 2 new suvs every 3 years religiously. Yet I get offered 500$ for lease loyalty but a Toyota/ Honda owner is offered 2 x that amount to give chevy a try?

As a Honda and Toyota owner..how do I get one of those incentives!? ha serious though

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's called a conquest incentive. I know if you google gm conquest incentive you'll find it. If I can find a direct link I'll post it.
As of right now, it doesn't look like GM is offering a conquest incentive for the Tahoe/Yukon. I could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip Bradbury