At home alternator rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread you updated. But what I did was take a battery jump box to the junkyard, and put it on all the Tboned and rolled vehicles with the same alternator on my Tahoe and Silverado, and check the mileage. If it is reasonable I pull it. Around holidays my local U-Pull does $85 all you can carry day.
And since a new Delco is 400 and new house brand is over 200, grabbing a dozen Delcos for 85 bucks is worth it. Then I have Orielly check them for free. Keep the really good ones, and pull the "weak" ones apart for brushes and parts. And scrap the Copper and Aluminum, and make back some of the 85 bucks.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Genius! I wish my junkyard had a $85 you pull it day! Last time I went they charged me out the ying yang for a couple parts. Love your idea. I still have my old one, ready to rebuild.

I had bought that new high output one for $450 with the cable upgrade. Sounds like factory stuff is getting to be a bit too spendy. The one I bought is a new (not used) Denzo core they upgraded. It's definitely better but having some little glitches to iron out as isn't exactly stock / straight bolt on *sigh*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo