Anyone running a spohn adjustable panhard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have had to grind them a bit to fit better in a few places and they didn't look to be a stronger configuration than stock, pinion angle is fine I've just been annoyed since you commented on the disastrous alignment of the rear axle. How much are those arms gonna run in black shipped to 80205? I'm down for a set when they come out so keep us updated if you will.

Yea someone def needs to come out with a longer set of bolt ons.. i maxed out against the front of the fender a good inch before i maxed out against the top.. and thats without trimming the pinch seam.. so something this simple could have given me a free inch or two.. and we all know how precious an inch can be once you get so low

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I had no idea they existed or I'd have scooped one from you a long time ago Tony.

xjayx

Reaction score
Would this panhard bar work on the 07-up suv's?? If it does im ordering one right now.

Jay

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Ok, did mine last night....a few pointers:

A- Stock hardware does not fit pan hard(as in video) you'll need 1/2'' bolts

B- This is especially for the lowered boys
- use the upper trailing arm as a gauge not the fender. If you are
6"+ in the rear the axle scoots forward and your tire may
rub the upper trailing arm. I learned the hard way when I
dug out a 1/8'' groove in my passenger's side tire this morning.
Clearing the fender is the easy part.......it's getting the axle
centered far enough away from the upper arms on both sides
that was the tricky part for me.

C- Adjust the bar at the lowest height you think you might ever drive at
and make sure nothing is hitting the tires and everything has enough c
clearance. This is clearly only if you are bagged or on juice. Them get it
up as high as it goes and make sure everything clears this will cover
everything in between. I found the biggest issue was the upper
trailing arm bracket. With 10'' wheels and 285/40/24's it is a real
balancing act getting the rear end not to hit the passenger's at the
bottom(aired out) and the driver's at the top(full inflation)

Other than that it's a breeze, it took me a but of trial and error to get it right and figure out what to look for. Just check the inside wall of them tires low boys.......look under there and see if there are little rubber pellets from rubbing the UTA. I only have about 1/2''-1/4'' between the bracket and the tire on both sides at 42PSI.....it's tight!

Did I see a mention of adjustable UTA/LTA's on here....what's the deal with those?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
+1 on the hardware I was stoked that I waited another day to do it at work and not in my home garage or I'd have been screwed, be sure to use high grade bolts as well since the panhard is an integral component of the suspension and is under quite a bit of stress. After installing everything I took the truck over a few big off-camber dips that really annoyed me about the axle being offset, now it tracks dead center. I have driven this thing so long with the axle being cattywampus that its weird to drive the truck around corners hard now that the axle is centered. I'd strongly recommend this for anyone with a modified suspension on their coil spring suv, I couldn't build anything similar for the money and it works quite well. I'll be scooping a set of their arms as soon as the drop as well, spohn makes good stuff :imo:

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Nice Max! You run 18's right? No bracked issues there, 24x10's brings a whole new set of issues. I used grade 8 bolts, that should do it.....right? I spoke with Spohn today....the lowers are done and uppers should be done in a few weeks....both fully adjustable, I can't wait! Once I get those bad boys I can roll at like 27" and 1/4 of my wheel tucked

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I have oem 20s with a really high offset so I'm actually in the same boat, might raise my truck back up a hair unless those djm tb coils ride much smoother...this thing is just too ******* low for being static and I don't wanna mess with bags.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice Max! You run 18's right? No bracked issues there, 24x10's brings a whole new set of issues. I used grade 8 bolts, that should do it.....right? I spoke with Spohn today....the lowers are done and uppers should be done in a few weeks....both fully adjustable, I can't wait! Once I get those bad boys I can roll at like 27" and 1/4 of my wheel tucked

steve contacted me allready and we went over specs from spohn. I posted the info yesterday here. I already have the first batch ordered :)

ive been selling spohn stuff for years now and if you look at both of my racing vids on my tbss's spohns stuff holds up great under drag/street racing

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
RighT on. I just want to be able to dump it without blowing a tire! With the adjustable upper/lowers Ill be able to center the wheel in tbe wheel well when all the way down, right? Will I have to do anything to my driveshaft or any other work besides intalling the trailing arms and pushing the axle back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts