Any of you service vehicle folks had this on your windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it was used to hold up a small LED light bar or something of the like, just seeing if anyone had an issue removing theirs if they had one. I'm getting the windshield tinted soon, I'm certain it would be easier to lay tint without it.

FWIW, it appears to be a clear adhesive, just not sure if it's an epoxy of sorts or just a really tacky tape strip. It has been sitting in the sun all day at work, but I can barely hold on to the lip long enough to pry with a finger....it really retains the heat.

_20170505_133253.JPG

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
if I had to guess I would say you could remove it with an adhesive remover and a heavy piece of fishing line. use to get similar things like that when I replaced windshields. I would just hit them with a cut out tool (assuming u don't have one of those) just spray it with some adhesive remover then try to "saw" it off with fishing line

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try and get a sharp blade in there to separate it, obviously without cutting yourself.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heat it with a hair dryer or heat gun (be careful if you use that, though!) to help weaken the adhesive then screw a long bolt into it to use as a handle. May have to have someone pull on the "handle" while you saw with the fishing line. Acetone might work as an adhesive remover, but it'll also cool it, so you'll have to get it pretty hot in the first place and work fast.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to update in case anyone finds one similar.....I left the PPV out in the driveway all day, it was sunny and warm here today. I am getting the windshield tinted tomorrow, so this had to go. I grabbed a gasket scraper (essentially a #2 flat blade screwdriver with a 2" wide blade), and eased it underneath and gave it a soft bump or two. Popped off after a little negotiating, only left a little adhesive film behind that a razor blade took right off...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts