Another recall!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I got a recall notice yesterday about the passenger side Airbag. Of course as always there are no parts available , so why send out the notice, you're just going to have to send out another one. I guess it's just Govt BS.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one too. But be assured that when the parts become available they will send you another letter...saying that they have the parts. Then you have to wait for the dealership...and that won't be long. NOT!!!!

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer made an appointment for Monday
Same recall Better have the part I’ll be pissed if I waste a ride to work lol
Guess I’m calling tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, i found out about it when i took my truck in for service about a month ago. They had the parts in stock though

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still need to get the cooling fan wiring one done so hoping to get both done at the same time.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still need to get the cooling fan wiring one done so hoping to get both done at the same time.

I'm in Canada and I also received this.

That said I would get that cooling fan wiring done as it's a few years old and probably might have some benefit to your truck.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my airbag recall done 2 days ago. They provided a Lyft to my home and then back 2 hours later when it was done. They didn’t do any damage to my dash which a lot of people are worried about due to the cracking issues. The parts are becoming available for all years but when I went in they said they just went on back order. They recall applies to all trucks and SUV’s through 2020.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my airbag recall done 2 days ago. They provided a Lyft to my home and then back 2 hours later when it was done. They didn’t do any damage to my dash which a lot of people are worried about due to the cracking issues. The parts are becoming available for all years but when I went in they said they just went on back order. They recall applies to all trucks and SUV’s through 2020.
I wonder what they’ll think of my dash cover, but I assume everything is done underneath the dash itself anyways.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a letter ONLY 13 years after the truck was built. Now it's urgent?

I had gotten a notice, it seems last year, noting the issue but saying that no parts were available so I think it was just a CYA for liability and we were expected to part the truck for a year (right?).

After last month's follow up notification saying to make an appointment, the local dealer said he would order a replacement and it would be here by the time the appointment came around in a couple weeks. It's a sizable truck oriented dealer so I am guessing it's GM's way for keeping track by not sending out parts until they are requested.

The dealer was accommodating, so far, giving a specific hour of my choice for coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700