Another question - Z71 offroad suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cshecks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it worth it? My uses will be daily driver for my 4 day per week 10 mile commute to work on the freeway(10 mile each way), lot's of snowboarding/snow shoeing in the winter, camping and hiking in summer, stuff like this. No real 4x4'ing or off-roading so to speak (i don't think but it's a possibility). Just curious if it's something I should also consider so my truck can hold value/have better resale value.

I'm thinking not worth it but I see a few (not many though) on the dealer lots and am wondering if it'd be a good idea or not.............

Again - for those that have read and answered previous posts - thank you. And those that haven't i'm heavily considering a purchase of a Tahoe LT or Jeep GC w/in the next couple of weeks, getting pretty excited, first truck ever!

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '12 LT( with the luxury package.) 4x4, not a Z71, and am perfectly content with it, for what that is worth. I hope you get the Tahoe!!

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you really need or like a full size I'd look at Toyota SUVs as well. Too resale and better made.

njracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd Z71, my 1st was a 2001 Tahoe and now I currently have a 2011 Z71 Suburban. I do almost ZERO off road driving but it does occasionally go off road (wide trails, fire roads). Could it be done with a base Tahoe/Suburban or a LTZ? Sure.

However, I love the look of the Z71 (old and new) and the best thing is not seeing a ton of them on the road.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Z71 package was only $1,200 upgrade. IMO it is really only cosmetic with firmer shocks, kind of "offroad" tires, and a thinner front bumper for clearance. To me it was worth it because I liked the way it rode (a little firmer than stock), and liked the appearance.

For 2007, the leather seats were two toned, interior trim was metal like instead of the fake wood, and the gauges had the carbon fiber look. Mine also came with 4.10 gearing, flimsy skid plates, and automatic rear locker. Not sure what the current models come with though.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
C

cshecks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unless you really need or like a full size I'd look at Toyota SUVs as well. Too resale and better made.

If the 4runner looked similar to last generation I'd already be in it. It doesn't. It looks like S%#t off my shoe. Looks like a busted a#$ Autobot Transformer. I was also considering the Touareg TDI but that's off the table now as well (VW doesn't seem to want to stand behind the SUV). Only other option is the Jeep GC, or maybe lease a LR4. But currently i'd rather buy and the Tahoe looks slick and seems for the most part to be built pretty well.

For me personally, aesthetics have to be on the mark along w/ build quality. This is where the Jeep is starting to lose ground to the Tahoe, in my research anyway.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aesthetics are huge for me as well. And it looks pretty good to me. Good luck in your search.

DFC5367F-DF36-4214-8363-CBA4164FFC3D-15746-00000B28DA211B6E_zps0d596fcf.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401