Another "FNG" with some questions about by lifted '07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another "F'n New Guy" here. :)

I just bought a '07 Tahoe LT 4WD last Tuesday & have been driving around with a smile on my face ever since. It came lifted with a Rancho kit and rides on 275/65/R20 tires. The dealer didn't have any info about the lift installed & it didn't have any paperwork left over from the original owner. I'm trying to figure out what size/model lift I have installed on it.

I crawled under it & did some measuring. From where the lower A-arm is now to where it was originally is 5". As far as I can tell, Rancho made 4" & 6" lifts for the Tahoe. So the 5" I measured (bolt center to center) makes me wonder if it is a 4 or 6 incher. Can anyone help me identify what I have installed from the pics?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMAG0402.jpg
    IMAG0402.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMAG0404.jpg
    IMAG0404.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAG0405.jpg
    IMAG0405.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMAG0406.jpg
    IMAG0406.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 134

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
The rancho is listed as a 4" kit but i remember an offroad mag getting 6"s out of it on a NBS. Could be the same on a NNBS

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont know much about the kit but i will say that is a good looking truck!

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet looking ride. I believe that Rancho only makes a 4" kit for the NNBS Tahoes. From what I have read, it is marketed as a 4" lift, but actually raised it around 5-6".

OP
OP
Bam

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rancho is listed as a 4" kit but i remember an offroad mag getting 6"s out of it on a NBS. Could be the same on a NNBS

sweet looking ride. I believe that Rancho only makes a 4" kit for the NNBS Tahoes. From what I have read, it is marketed as a 4" lift, but actually raised it around 5-6".

Thanks for all the help. I did some more research after reading this & it looks to me (like y'all said) that I have a 4" Rancho lift...but it is a bit higher like you both pointed out. At least now I know what I have installed. Thank you.

dont know much about the kit but i will say that is a good looking truck!

And thanks for all the compliments on the truck. :)

Last edited:

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes me wish i would have stretched out the money for the 4x4.......just so i could justify lifting it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J2PDeweese