and another autoride question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 yukon denali XL.
The shocks have been leaking for some time now and it looks like the compressor phase finally quit.
I am going to replace them with standard shocks but I have a question about error messages. I have read about the "service suspension" message.
Should you be getting that message if the compressor If dead?
Just wondering if I will get that message when I replace the shocks and remove the
compressor or if maybe there is something else wrong? The fuse "RTD" is good.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just need to pull the RTD fuse when you replace the shocks.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I know that, I was wondering why I am not getting an error message now with the compressor dead.

krt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't come on right away after the compressor quit.

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't come on right away after the compressor quit.

But it did come on correct?

I was just wondering why I'm not getting the error message.
Hooked up a code reader and there are no codes. I will be taking it in for some work next week and will have them check for codes.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score

Hooked up a code reader and there are no codes. I will be taking it in for some work next week and will have them check for codes.

A code reader will not pick up codes from the suspension control module anyway. You have to have a Tech2 for that.

krt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yes, got the "service ride control" on the dic

OP
OP
moosehead

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why I not getting that message?
Compressor has not run for over a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicman

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the message too much moosehead. You may have enough residual pressure in the system, or a fault in one of the sensors. Changing both the compressor and shocks are easy. I did a write up in the tech section on the compressor and the remanufactured shocks from Arnott come with excellent directions. The entire job is not difficult.

For what it's worth, I never pulled the RTD fuse. When I started to replace the shocks, I disconnected the battery. Installed new shocks. Connected the battery and all was good.

Actually, I had hit a sway sensor, and disconnected it. Once I plugged it back in, all was good. I did it on an 04 Yukon Denali XL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924