Amp All Of A Sudden Shutting Off At High Volume?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the specs you posted of the amp it can only handle a 2ohm load.

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the specs you posted of the amp it can only handle a 2ohm load.

I think you may be right. But all of the diagrams ive been finding on the internet are for 1ohm or 4ohm loads. Is there a way to wire my two subs down to 2ohm?

And the wire is 12g if im not mistaken. I'll have to double check.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12g is fine for wiring especially for only 750w.... if they are dual 4s then they can wire to 4ohms or 1 ohms. if they are wired at 1 ohm right now then the coils are prallel inside the box, then obviously they are also parallel on the outside....making a 1 ohm load. it could be too much for your amp to handle.take it and wire it up to 4 ohms to see if that fixes it.... take the positive of one terminal on the box and connect it to the negative of the other terminal. then wire the remaining two to the amp. this should give you a 4 ohm load.

+- +-

Connect the reds together and connect the blues to the amp

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12g is fine for wiring especially for only 750w.... if they are dual 4s then they can wire to 4ohms or 1 ohms. if they are wired at 1 ohm right now then the coils are prallel inside the box, then obviously they are also parallel on the outside....making a 1 ohm load. it could be too much for your amp to handle.take it and wire it up to 4 ohms to see if that fixes it.... take the positive of one terminal on the box and connect it to the negative of the other terminal. then wire the remaining two to the amp. this should give you a 4 ohm load.

+- +-

Connect the reds together and connect the blues to the amp

Alright il give this a try. If this is the case and the amp isn't stable at 1ohm (which it probably isn't) I guess il have to get a different amp even though I really don't want to. I wanna keep it full kicker but at the same time I would need an amp stable at 1ohm and I don't think they make one.

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
300 each plus shipping... Good guy... he has all the boxes and bass knobs and the birth sheets. all these amps birth at 1300w or more. sign up and ask for references. hes a good seller.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes that is definately the problem... your subs are dual 2 ohms correct? that would mean each sub is wired series up to 4 ohms and then both are paralleled back down to 2 ohm. but they could be sitting at 1.9ohms or 1.8ohms which could cause the amp to shut off.
trust me, that amp will not shut off evenm at 1.8 ohm

They are dual 4 ohm CVR's. So you're saying the guy who wired them up wired them wrong?
yes, that amp plays at 2 ohm, you have it wired to 1 ohm, it will 'play' but not long, you need to match the mnaufactures rating, to the proper impedance.

You need two dual 2s and your fine.