Alright Guys Im Confused (H.I.D.s)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BM1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Now Im completely confused on H.I.D.S Alright so I have a 1999 chevy tahoe and my bulbs are dying I want to get 8000k HIDS. So anyways my question is do I need projector headlights to have H.I.Ds?

Thanks For the Help Guys

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
No. H.I.d.s will fit in any housing. Some people say not to cause they get hot...but so do halogens. My only suggestion would be to upgrade your housing to get the most use of them. Myself along with a lot of others on the forum prefer TYC housings. Ddmtuning.com for hids..can't beat the price.

OP
OP
B

BM1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the help

Alright now is it going to be way brighter then they are supposed to be or no that wont matter with the oem headlights???

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
it will be a lot brighter but your gonna need clear lenses to get the most from them. ddm has a chart on their site to help pick which color to go with..just remember the blue-er you pick the less light you get. also go with the 55w kit i had the 35w kit which i was very happy with but still wanted brighter so i ordered the 55w kit, they say its 40% brighter..at least 40% brighter is more like it

OP
OP
B

BM1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Man For All Your Help. You The Man

OP
OP
B

BM1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lol I find it funny how Theres more replies on whos the man. Then my question

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

drowndindreams quick question what kind of HIDs do you have and those are the stock headlights right????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts