Air ride Suspension shot, keep or bypass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FamilyGuy

FamilyGuy

Reaction score
I decided to stay stock, and I'm regretting it.
I ordered replacement shocks from Arnott. Unfortunately my passenger side shock is not getting air from the compressor.
Driver side is holding air, but other side isn't. Compressor is running off and on.
Any ideas? Could compressor be weak?
I've checked the system for leaks and didn't find any.

Thanks.

madtuna187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I just bought a 2010 LTZ two months ago and found out from the dealership today that the two rear shocks are bad? Apparently the previous owner pulled the compressor fuse so it wouldn't go bad. Cost to replace the two is $1130. I will potentially be towing a boat this summer so I guess my only option is to have them replaced.

OP
OP
FamilyGuy

FamilyGuy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have NEW, or refurbished, shocks that still do not work.
My compressor keeps going off, but I guess it's weak.
There's no Leaks, so my guess is air is leaking at the compressor?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not true. I've done many trucks lowered or stock height with autoride bypassed and with airlift helper Bags toes perfectly fine

OP
OP
FamilyGuy

FamilyGuy

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't referring to the towing, just to my particular situation with my replacement shocks. Actually, I'm wishing I had bypassed it.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kept mine stock. Figure I paid enough for the auto ride, may as well keep it

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't referring to the towing, just to my particular situation with my replacement shocks. Actually, I'm wishing I had bypassed it.

Yup it is such a great feature and seems silly to bypass it...but after all the problems I've had over the last two years I wish I bypassed it all too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshumphrey

Latest posts