Air Compressor Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my question has anybody installed an air compressor in their trucks for tire inflation or with quick connects for impact gun?

Was thinking if my 02 yukon xl without auto ride. At least has the factory mounting location for the auto ride compressor and maybe I could get one and rig it to work.

Let me know guys and I'd like it hidden hence why I ask about factory location.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
So my question has anybody installed an air compressor in their trucks for tire inflation or with quick connects for impact gun?

Was thinking if my 02 yukon xl without auto ride. At least has the factory mounting location for the auto ride compressor and maybe I could get one and rig it to work.

Let me know guys and I'd like it hidden hence why I ask about factory location.

No. LOL

You need a compressor that can put out more CFM (volume flow) and a good capacity storage tank rather than the air-ride compressor if you are intending to use it for airing up tires.

Google is your friend.

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. LOL

You need a compressor that can put out more CFM (volume flow) and a good capacity storage tank rather than the air-ride compressor if you are intending to use it for airing up tires.

Google is your friend.

Not necessarily fill up but just top off from time or a day in the sand and I've badged them.

OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a K5 and a lot of guys on that site have repurposed a York compressor to be driven off their drive belt, which apparently supplies a high enough volume of air to run power tools.

http://coloradok5.com/york.shtml

That does look pretty good but their had to be a tank less version out there. My logic is look at any 12v tire inflator they don't have tanks.

Pretty much I'm about to hide a small 12v tire inflator where the stock sub would be and mod it with a good 25th hose.

That's all I really want. I've seen GMC Envoys come with air compressors built into the trunk with a 25th hose.

Don't plan on using air tools mainly just to air up tires after baging them.

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea any small 12v compressor with a hose long enough should work just find a cozy place to hide it, run some switched power to it and your in business. If u need a little bit more volume a small 3-5 gal tank could probably be hidden under the truck. I had a 3gal tank 120v compressor that died a few years back and i was considering fabbing up a mount to secure the tank to the under carriage and run a line to an onboard compressor thats for my air bags but never got around to doing it

02 Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does look pretty good but their had to be a tank less version out there. My logic is look at any 12v tire inflator they don't have tanks.

Pretty much I'm about to hide a small 12v tire inflator where the stock sub would be and mod it with a good 25th hose.

That's all I really want. I've seen GMC Envoys come with air compressors built into the trunk with a 25th hose.

Don't plan on using air tools mainly just to air up tires after baging them.

I have 12v air compressor hidden in the compartment, it works well for backup if need be but they dont work so well for offroad tires.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mondo

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 12v air compressor hidden in the compartment, it works well for backup if need be but they dont work so well for offroad tires.

This is what I think I'm going to hide.

http://amzn.com/B000M8R0QM

1.23 average CFM should be more than plenty.
And hose is 16 ft but I'm going to try and double it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts