Adding remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vollosso

Reaction score
So if you have ap3, call the dealer and get your remote part-number and it should remote start after the simple in car "pairing".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blake989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So if you have ap3, call the dealer and get your remote part-number and it should remote start after the simple in car "pairing".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I didn't even call the dealer. I got on amazon and found the right fob, they came in a pack of two for like $26, did the pairing (instructions that came with the fob), and all works perfect. Maybe I just got lucky.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I already have Pro-Code AP8 and a GM key fob with an red color remote start button, do I still need some so-called "GM remote start accessory kit" from dealer except an activating code from GM?

2007 PPV

... If you have AP8 you can purchase from your gm dealer a remote start accessory which require the dealer to reprogram the BCM. I just got mine working today. I got my kit off of ebay and my local dealer programmed it. I had to leave the car with them for the day but it's nice option to have working. when you by the kit make sure it is new. don't buy 20 20.00 remotes and expect it to work, the paper work comes with a code that the dealer calls into GM for a specific VIN to get the code to flash the BCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts