Add backup camera to 2014 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdhawk

Reaction score
Finished.... Works great
View attachment 59535

This is a worth while project. What I found most confusing about it was the different information about the different oem cameras. It appears there is 3 different generations of cameras: the 07 -08 that has the 4 way plug on the end and is 5v, another 5v version that has a square 4 way connector that is used in the Silverado trucks, the finally the 09-14 camera that is 12v.

I would recommend just buying the appliqué with the harness already installed. Follow the uvc diagram that was given to me in this post, it is the correct way to wire it up. The dark blue goes to your reverse lights and the pink goes to any ignition source.

The parts are on the reasonable side due to the recent body style change. Thanks to the replys on this! It helped a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get the lift gate harness from? Gmpartsdirect? Does the appliqué have everything I need in it? I just don't want to overpay or order things I really don't need for the job. My radio has Nav so I assume I wouldn't have to do anything with the new harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA