Accessories won't turn off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just started happening on my '08 Hybrid Tahoe. When I turn off the key and remove it, the accessories all turn off, IE radio, lights, etc. when I open the driver door. Starting today, that hasn't been happening. My accessories will stay on when I leave the car key in hand. Until the regular time out of around 10 minutes or so. Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or could be in the key lock assembly. I'll check out both.

Probably door sensor. Dome lights aren't coming on.

OP
OP
tiktok4321

tiktok4321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay a little bit of an update on this issue. If anybody has any wisdom, I'm all yours. The vehicle knows when the door is open when I'm in drive. Yet, the headlights and the radio don't shut off and I open the door after I take the key out. Still think it's the switch on the lock mechanism?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay a little bit of an update on this issue. If anybody has any wisdom, I'm all yours. The vehicle knows when the door is open when I'm in drive. Yet, the headlights and the radio don't shut off and I open the door after I take the key out. Still think it's the switch on the lock mechanism?

This sucks that would be driving me nuts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn