AC Not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoechris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone think of a good reason for a 2012 tahoe with 21000 miles AC to blow outside temp air ? Not sure as to why this is not working. Just bought recently. Hoping GM cert warranty covers.. seems way soon to be replacing freon.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Need to verify if the compressor clutch is engaging when turn on a/c and then attach gauges to check pressure.

OP
OP
T

tahoechris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 started the same thing yesterday
let me know what dealer says

Clutch is engaging and it doesn't cycle off and on like when it is low on freon. It is finally at the dealer today, will reply with the findings.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like may be related to a blend door actuator? Or overcharged? Or.......etc.

OP
OP
T

tahoechris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well - apparently it was low on freon. Dealer put the dye in and couldn't find the leak in the 12 hours it was there. It is still not all that cold, are the tahoe's known for ice cold A/C? Anyone have temp readings on theirs? Pretty frustrated..

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well - apparently it was low on freon. Dealer put the dye in and couldn't find the leak in the 12 hours it was there. It is still not all that cold, are the tahoe's known for ice cold A/C? Anyone have temp readings on theirs? Pretty frustrated..

Hope they evacuated and then refilled with proper amount. If just added with dye then unsure if system is full

OP
OP
T

tahoechris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure they did not. I brought the car into the dealer to remove leftover wax they left on, redetail the interior as it was filthy when I purchased it, & replace the trailer brake connection cover. Well - 2nd time around there was more spray wax left on than the time before, AC works but isn't that cold, interior is a little better & the trailer brake connection cover was not fixed. Never going back there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts