ABS/ Parking Brake Light/ TC Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billamy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I am new here and needing a few answers.
I just got a 2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71 yesterday and the ABS/Parking Brake/TC lights are on constantly on the dash. The messages on the dash say Service Brake System.
Everything works like it should as far as stopping and control. Is there a way to clear the computer of these messages?

Last edited:

aztecnavajo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a certain type of code scanner that can read ABS (brake system), SRS (air bag system), and DTC (check engine)codes, I got mine on Amazon but they should have them at autozone or oriellys or pep boys. Just beware they can be a bit pricey. But the ones that can read ABS will most likely point you in the right direction as far as what's wrong with the truck.

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
Can you share what brand and model of code reader you bought that does DTC, ABS and SRS?

I am looking for one like that.

aztecnavajo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's the INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool with ABS/SRS and Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles. Literally copied and pasted from Amazon. It's going for 223 or around there. The price has gone up a bit since I bought mine last year (199) but I have had so much use out of this thing, I would gladly buy it at the current price. Hope you find what you need!

Tahoe0159

Reaction score
Thank you for confirming that the Innova 3160 is working for you. I may upgrade to that one.

I bought a Harbor Freight scanner for about $100 and it does DTC and ABS codes for my 2001 Tahoe, but it doesnt do SRS. I have intermittent SRS light on the dash and would like to know whatnthat code is.

aztecnavajo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue in my 03 Yukon XL. I know they "updated" the electronics for my year but if it's anything like mine, it's a common problem with these trucks for the system that detects weight on the passenger seat to have chafed wires or to have a loose connection with constant moving of the passenger seat. You might want to check the connection & wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove