A/C pump on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information and the diagrams I replaced the high-pressure switch and have the other 2 on order. I’ll post what I find. went to get the downloads and it wanted me to download a game is that correct?
Try post #111 in that link. It looks like another member posted another 1999 copy onto a Google drive.

IMG_8073.png

OP
OP
N

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try post #111 in that link. It looks like another member posted another 1999 copy onto a Google drive.

View attachment 423458
Got the service manuals and they were a big help. Also found info on the Chevy forum. I have changed all the sensors and replaced the plug and diode for the clutch and plug for high pressure switch. The compressor will run now for about 5 sec an shut off for about the same period of time and then repeat the cycle for about 5 minutes. If I shut he truck off and let it cool down for an hour or so when I start it again it will do the same thing again. The ambient temperature is about 65 Humidity around 55 low pressure will drop to around 25 and then go back up to 60, the high pressure will go up to about 80 and then down to around 60. I don’t know if it’s low i put 5 12 oz cans in and I don’t want to blow the seal out of any thing. Any suggestions?
Thanks. I used an after market condenser if that would make any difference

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a laser thermometer? While compressor runs, shoot temps upstream/downstream of each component.
Also look for charge sticker usually on accumulator.

OP
OP
N

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a laser thermometer? While compressor runs, shoot temps upstream/downstream of each component.
Also look for charge sticker usually on accumulator.
Yes I do. What should I be looking for on the accumulator. I'll check the Temps Monday we have company this weekend. Thanks

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I do. What should I be looking for on the accumulator. I'll check the Temps Monday we have company this weekend. Thanks
Pressure drop lowers temp, so if there is an obstruction, say from a failed compressor or a clogged oriface valve..... every piece in the system has a change. So a Big change or a No change is something to think about.
Search 4 Seasons for a charge weight for your trucks configuration. I remember seeing 64 oz. but don't recall config. (Rear Air/ Towing package, RPO list from glove compartment.).That is estimated amount. Service A/C using Hi/Lo gauges for final amount. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar