99 Denali shifting issue help if possible

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highmay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I have a 1999 Yukon Denali runs and drives fine but when I go to shift it into drive it seems like it takes a long time to click over also if I don't wait and am impatient it kicks pretty hard once it catches and I try not to do that

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well I have a 1999 Yukon Denali runs and drives fine but when I go to shift it into drive it seems like it takes a long time to click over also if I don't wait and am impatient it kicks pretty hard once it catches and I try not to do that

Could be the servo. DON'T get inpatient or get on the gas until it's there , or you'll be picking up chunks of gears off the ground.... Don't ask.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got any idea when the transmission was last serviced, that would be a good starting place. Just like HiHoeSilver said, your on borrowed time.
David g..........:2cents:

brasil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first of all I would stop at the next autoparts store... enter - and leave with a filter /gasket kit.. 5 to 7 litres of Dexron III
with all the stuff hunting back home.
There I would grab my tools and basin drain the oil / remove the pan...change the filter clean the pan an watch for some debris...or such things in the oil / pan. .. Put everything together again. fill in the new ATF and go for a test drive.

OP
OP
Highmay

Highmay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks
first of all I would stop at the next autoparts store... enter - and leave with a filter /gasket kit.. 5 to 7 litres of Dexron III
with all the stuff hunting back home.
There I would grab my tools and basin drain the oil / remove the pan...change the filter clean the pan an watch for some debris...or such things in the oil / pan. .. Put everything together again. fill in the new ATF and go for a test drive.
I'll do that for sure thanks