8 speed transmission software flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the torque converter update? Did it fix the problems?

paulb55

Reaction score
I had the Torque Converter update done, the U Joint was released 2 days after I had mine in for service. I would say the Clunk is less noticeable now. Im out of town for the next week, will keep listening.

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too received the u-joint recall letter. Fair to say I'm not pleased with this 8-speed. I've already had it replaced once and now it's starting to shift hard, mainly on downshifts. Sometimes there's a hard "clunk" when shifting from 2nd to 1st. I'm not sure what to expect from this new tranny, but if this is it, I'd be happy to take the old 5-sp. Also, I did the software update for the tranny 2 weeks ago. Didn't make a difference.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the transmission was manufactured in March 2015. Otherwise you just got another "older" version.

I WILL say that my April 2015 Denali has been perfect so far. This is my 3rd one and it has been very good.

Granted I only have 1250 miles on it as of today, but I've been extremely critical every time I drive it.

Scooter99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting. What is the difference between the March 2015 tranny and the "older" version? How do I confirm what month mine was made?

paulb55

Reaction score
I dropped mine of on Monday for the tech to take a "long" look at the clunk at accel and the transmission "hunting" between 25 and 35 mph. They also completed the u-joint recall. Service tech called on Tuesday stating that the u-joint recall fixed the "clunk" sound and as far as the "hunting" he didnt go further to explain but stated that my new trans was on the way...I expressed interest into the date of man as I had heard about a march change over....he said he was aware and after it was installed we would go over in depth with the data sheets he received from GM...so, more to follow this week.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped mine of on Monday for the tech to take a "long" look at the clunk at accel and the transmission "hunting" between 25 and 35 mph. They also completed the u-joint recall. Service tech called on Tuesday stating that the u-joint recall fixed the "clunk" sound and as far as the "hunting" he didnt go further to explain but stated that my new trans was on the way...I expressed interest into the date of man as I had heard about a march change over....he said he was aware and after it was installed we would go over in depth with the data sheets he received from GM...so, more to follow this week.

Wow. That's odd. I heard they were replacing transmissions. Can't wait to hear why it was ultimately done

paulb55

Reaction score
Denali is back at home....prop shaft recall did solve the clunk sound. Did not get a full DL from my tech...but when I discussed the hesitation...he said GM sugested to replace...so. This AM picked up the ride and no problems quite, no hes, no clunk!

nrcpharmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a used/certified 2015 XL Denali this weekend and I'm having similar problems with the transmission, car had 24k miles on it, issues weren't apparent on test drive, only after driving for a bit did the shudder become apparent and actually got worse. I've had the car for a few days and just dropped it off at dealer. Told them all about this. Said they never had these issues and it is just normal. Apparently all recalls had been preformed. Any suggestions?! This shudder got pretty bad on the highway at a speed of 75, car shook pretty violent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk