8 speed transmission software flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get it for similar reasons. We drive ours over mountain passes in the winter and I would hate to damage the vehicle on an unseen rock or something when a $250 bit of metal would have prevented it. Do you have a part number?

edit: never mind, I found it on eBay.

Get it .. It's worth it!

Last edited:

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you convince them it was necessary? I called, they ran the VIN, and told me there were no recalls and left it at that. Maybe I'm not asking for the right thing?

OP
OP
Daunntlessone

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the dealer and they could not find any flash for the 8 speed at all. They even called the GM tech line.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try now. A recall/SB went out for the early 8Spd on 5/22

My dealer noted that there was a SB on the torque converter. Would that be the same thing? He told me that, though he could see the SB, it didn't contain any information at the time. Do you know if the've filled things out any more?

gary645

Reaction score
8 speed transmission software upgrade

Dealer reprogrammed my Yukon Denali this week. The work order said, "reprogrammed ECM and TCM per recall 9101554 0.5 hrs prog codes #0337 and fd271." Transmission now shifts smoother - a noticeable improvement. Truck was built in February 2015.

johnnybogey

Reaction score
I believe this is recall 15389. For some strange reason though, on the GMC website when they search my VIN, the only recall that comes up is:

N150216 PROPSHAFT U-JOINT RETAINER BOLTS LOSS OF INDEX

Going to try and call the dealer tomorrow to confirm.

How do you guys find out when your Yukon was built? Sticker on the driver side panel only shows that it was built in Texas.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a sticker lower down between the front door and rear door when both doors are opened. Has all of your information and GM is required to affix this sticker to all GM vehicles.

johnnybogey

Reaction score
There is a sticker lower down between the front door and rear door when both doors are opened. Has all of your information and GM is required to affix this sticker to all GM vehicles.

Great Tahoe. Thanks. Will check.

I called the dealership this morning and they verified two recalls for my Yukon.

RECALL #2015389 TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH (TCC) SHUDDER (NO PARTS)
RECALL #2015216 PROPSHAFT U-JOINT RETAINER BOLTS LOSS OF INDEX (PARTS - NEED TO ORDER)

Dealer started a ticket for me to order the parts. Will call me once parts are in. Will let you guys know how it turns out.

FINALLY!!! After bringing my Yukon into the dealer twixe, I hope this resolves all the issues I've been having with my Yukon. Mainly clunk noises from the rear. Transmission just seems clumsy at low speeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse