5.7 Vortec EGR Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I bought a can of sprayable Seafoam. Haven't used it yet though. I did run a can through my Wrangler however, and it seems to run a little better.

I recently reassembled my motor after almost 2 years of being torn down. I'm not sure if it's the original engine or not. The truck has 230k miles, and I do have one receipt showing that the engine was rebuilt. It wasn't a bought "rebuilt" motor from a reputable shop, or even Oreilly. It was rebuilt by an idiot under a tree. Literally. We found leaves and a 4" twig under the valve covers. The source of my issue, was two warn intake gaskets, the gasket around the front water jackets just fell off. I think the rebuilder just reused the ORIGINAL gaskets. The head gaskets were oval-shaped around all of the cylinders. It was incredible. My intake was FULL of crud and deposits. I did clean 80% of the crud out of my intake, but I didn't have time or the patience to get it perfect thought. I'm hoping Seafoam will finish the job, once I get it all back together.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that is why I do not trust any shop to perform the work that I know I can do myself! This task is also my first attempt, but I do have a lot of great support.

lifted2X4chevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I put a piece of sheet metal in between intake and egr will ecu still be able to tell exhaust gas is not being reintroduced into intake?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts