4th Gen Apple TV AirPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg So I installed a 4th gen Apple TV in my 16 platinum. And yes AirPlay works without having a wifi network. I'm grandfathered with unlimited data with AT&T for my iPhone and iPad so this helps with music and movie streaming.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.ifixit.com has a teardown of the new Apple TV. When you open it up you can disconnect the 120VAC to 12VDC power supply and solder on your power connections. I also added a power switch in the center console if I ever wanted to use the rca jacks for something else.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a wiring diagram online for the RCA jacks in the rear of the center console. Im using an HDMI to rca converter. I cut one end of the rca wires and spliced into the factory harness for the RCAs

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
But its just doing airplay right? As in - you cant select apps from the touchscreen right?

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did get the 10 gigs good for a year from OnStar for $100 if I wanted to but I have all the same apps on my iPhone. The other nice thing about the 4th gen ATV is you can download games to it. I'm trying to find a way to use the flash storage it has for media storage.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Again - its just showing the video on the Escalade screen, not able to touch and launch apps, correct? Since your'e using a composite input.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. No interaction with the screen. You have to launch them from the iPhone

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm so confused. I feel so old...

How...what? Is there a wire connected?

I only know how to take things apart with a hammer