4th Gen Apple TV AirPlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgctech

Reaction score
Can you confirm that it streams movies from Netflix and videos from youtube with peer to peer mirroring? I just ordered an ATV 4 but read on another site that it only mirrors your screen/plays movies that are stored on your phone.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ok to remove the back of the center console lift up and pull towards you. There's like 6 clips holding it on no screws. You will see the white 12 pin harness where the RCAs plug in. Unplug it. With the clip on top count the pins from left to right you need pins 4,5,6,11 and 12. Pin 4 is the right audio in. 5 is the left audio in. 6 is the video in. 11 is the audio ground or common. 12 is the video ground or common. Now what I used was PAC audio HDMI to RCA cable and 3 RCA to speaker cables. With your multimeter verify which wire goes to the center pin on the RCA to speaker wires you get. Solder the wire going to the center pin of your first cable to wire going to pin 4. On your second cable center pin wire to wire going to pin 5. You should have the 2 wires left not soldered on. Solder them on to pin 11. Your last RCA to speaker wire solder the center pin wire to pin 6 and the other wire to pin 12. Heat shrink and tape as needed. You now have a set of RCA inputs hidden. So with your new hidden inputs you can now use the HDMI to RCA cable of your choice. You can get your 12 volts from wires going to the 12 volt outlet on the back of the console. I used the Apple TV tear down on www.ifixit.com they show where the 120volt to 12volt connection are. It's the 2 screws that hold the boards together. If you plan on using the RCA hook up on the back of the console I would recommend a power switch for the Apple TV since you are technically still using the same inputs. I haven't tried the powered HDMI to RCA converters they sell on Amazon yet. Not sure if the video output is any better or not.

jonsharp2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stupid question maybe, but does it have to be 4th Gen Apple TV, is there some new functionality (peer to peer) that doesn't work on older model AppleTV? I have a spare Gen 3, so just curious if I'd need to get another Gen 4 for this to work. I have a new 2016 Denali.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok small update. Since I had my dash and center console apart I reworked my Apple TV. I removed the RCA to HDMI cables and adapter. I got a new mod that adds HDMI right at the HMI under the dash. It outputs 720p to the CUE screen and makes video play back 100 times better.

http://www.navtool.com/cadillac-escalade-2015-2017-hdmi-interface.aspx
That’s the link to what I got.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Ok small update. Since I had my dash and center console apart I reworked my Apple TV. I removed the RCA to HDMI cables and adapter. I got a new mod that adds HDMI right at the HMI under the dash. It outputs 720p to the CUE screen and makes video play back 100 times better.

http://www.navtool.com/cadillac-escalade-2015-2017-hdmi-interface.aspx
That’s the link to what I got.
How hard is it to install? Does it have a HDMI input on the HMI. Where did you run your HDMI cable and input? Would you do this for others. Thanks

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to install? Does it have a HDMI input on the HMI. Where did you run your HDMI cable and input? Would you do this for others. Thanks

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

On the module it has an HDMI input, it wires in between the truck and the HMI unit. It also has camera inputs and a powered usb Also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan