40mph Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickCG01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just recently started experiencing a vibration at about 38-40mph (about a week ago). It’s felt below my seat, not so much from the front. I know I had the front U-joints replaced and the U-Joint close to the rear axle replaced. Getting the last U-Joint at the yoke/Transfer case replaced tomorrow. Hopefully the last U-Joint fixes the vibration, but wanted to ask for other thoughts on what else it could be if the last U-Joint doesn’t correct the issue?

Had Transmission rebuilt 10k miles ago. Also had inner/outer tie rods, idler and pitman arms replaced in the past.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just recently started experiencing a vibration at about 38-40mph (about a week ago). It’s felt below my seat, not so much from the front. I know I had the front U-joints replaced and the U-Joint close to the rear axle replaced. Getting the last U-Joint at the yoke/Transfer case replaced tomorrow. Hopefully the last U-Joint fixes the vibration, but wanted to ask for other thoughts on what else it could be if the last U-Joint doesn’t correct the issue?

Had Transmission rebuilt 10k miles ago. Also had inner/outer tie rods, idler and pitman arms replaced in the past.
check the weights on the tires they fall off sometimes

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm getting ready to purchase a 98 Suburban and the guy is having the same issue at 38-42 mph and 55-60 mph.

Wondering if a driveshaft is out of balance?

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the ds was removed and it wasnt put in the same way it came out it could be that. Weights need to be apart from each other 160 degrees from yoke weights.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the ones on the Burb that I'm getting ready to purchase have fallen off

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also getting a vibration around 45 mph and again between 70-75 mph. I don't recall it happening before the repair, but it for sure has been going on since I replaced the driver's CV axle with a non-OEM axle. I figured I would much rather pay $120 for a new NAPA axle vs. $275 for an OEM given that a number of people on other forums didn't have issues with their NAPA axles.

Following this thread in case I actually have something else going on too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts