2wd lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SAS is quite a bit more in depth, but there are several kits out there that are almost entirely "bolt-on" don't have any of the links on this computer. its a bit pricey as well.

OP
OP
S

SYNASTR

Reaction score
i figured it was kinda high. But since its 2wd i want a really high vehicle and its hard with a 2wd. so instead of getting a 4wd id just convert mine

OP
OP
S

SYNASTR

Reaction score
ok just realized i made a mistake by getting a 2wd. Before that though. i got my tires put on today 35 15.50 15 super swampers on 15 by 8 wheels. and they fit with just a body lift. they rub on the side step rails but those are coming off anyway. Now i just took it round the block and pulled in the driveway and spun and spun the whole whole way up and got stuck in the yard. :( one wheel spins and the truck slides lol. So my new question is. Is it worth going with selling this one and getting a 4wd drive for about 4000 more than i paid for this one or convert it to SAS for 400 aside from axles and etc.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd + wide heavy tires + snow = not so good...

You probably could sell it for what you bought it for, but you'll probably be out the cost of the BL.

Search for the SAS kits, if you can source a local junkyard for your parts cheap, I'd go that route. Being a 2wd, you're going to need the transfer case and supports, and custom driveshafts for front and rear, as well as the front axle and springs and hanger kit.

Yes, you could sell it and buy an IFS 4WD, but the SAS would be BADASS! So very few out there, and you're not limited to doing 1/2 ton gear - you could step up to 1-ton axles and springs, or even to Rockwells....

SAS swap source: http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=3

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SYNASTR

Reaction score
id love to do the SAS, but cant you get axles, transfer case, and front drive shaft out of a older model blazer. and rear tahoe 4wd shaft for the rear?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not worth doing to your truck really. Way easier to start with a 4x4. And when I say easy I mean easier than converting a 2wd to 4wd. SAS can be pricey to do right.

OP
OP
S

SYNASTR

Reaction score
well i figured i would just get a 4wd but i really like this truck and dont wanna sell it

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buy a second one. haha

not to sound more discouraging, but don't try to convert it unless you have a ton of time and money to throw at it. you can pick up a 4x4 for less than $4000 if you look hard enough for a decent one.

OP
OP
S

SYNASTR

Reaction score
Not really. Or at least one thats worth it. Im in crossville TN everyone around here believes if its a 98 with 240 000 miles with dents and ripped interior that its worth 6200. Its crazy

OP
OP
S

SYNASTR

Reaction score
installed the lift blocks and spacers. Stage one is done. Stage two is spindles, shackle flip and longer springs.

Attachments

• mms_picture(3).jpg
    mms_picture(3).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 1217102137.jpg
    1217102137.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 1217102137a.jpg
    1217102137a.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Forum statistics