2dr vs 4dr suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
What is the differences between the 1998 Tahoe 4 door and 2 door suspensions?
Why are many lift kits labeled for 4 door only? What would I need to adapt these kits for my 2 door?
Input on this would really help me as I shop for a kit to spend my tax return on.

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
suspension components will be the same, however the torsion bar cross member drop down brackets are different on the 4drs in comparison to the 2 door. Other wise their the same

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lengths are different. The 2 doors are a 52" spring and the 4 doors are a 54" spring. trust me, I have been through this trying to find some for my truck.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you've been misinformed.
My leafs are 54" with a measurement of 27" as described in the link I posted.
I measured my news as well as the ones on my truck.
I dont think there is a difference between the 2drs and 4drs.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I read through'em. I'm stumped, this is really odd. I have measured both sets (new ones and old ones) and they are both 54".
I had spoken to the shop that I bought mine from and they had said they have never had any issues when installing them on either, 2dr or 4dr. Thats the only ones they use.

I'll come back with an update if I do have any issues when installing mine, even if i dont I'll still come back with my results.

Thanks

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, checked them and re checked them. I was so confused.

rucr8z2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lengths are different. The 2 doors are a 52" spring and the 4 doors are a 54" spring. trust me, I have been through this trying to find some for my truck.

52" springs I got for my 2dr were for a 85 k15 rear spring 52" worked perfect.(superlift)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia