285's on stock Denali ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

custom99

Reaction score
Have any of you put 285's on with no body or suspension lift? I found a real good deal yesterday. I got a set of chrome aftermarket wheels (dont know the make) with 285/75-16 's (90%tread left) mounted up for $450. I finally found a body lift guaranteed to fit a 1999 Yukon Denali thru auto parts warehouse for $200. it has bumper brackets included. I really want to see how these wheels look and dont want to wait till I get the lift and install it. Is anyone personally running this size tire with no lift? The 225's that are on it have been driving me crazy since I got this vehicle 2 weeks ago. Way too small. I am used to running 33's and 35's on my Wranglers.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on the wheel offset and width you could get away with running 285's. may need to crank the front up a bit

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With stock wheels and no lift 285's fit just find, unless the offset is ungodly large they should fit. But theres only one way to find out, stick em on and see what happens.

sleepr

Reaction score
Was there any rubbing issues? I'm interested in putting bigger skins on too, but without a lift, I don't do any offroading other then fields or minor trails

Big Red

Reaction score
I had 285's on my truck and tossed them. They were way to big for a stock truck with no lift. I dont even have 285's on my dads Duramax. 265/75 is the perfect size for a stock truck IMO.

OP
OP
C

custom99

Reaction score
I do not have any rubbing at all. I ran them all day yesterday without any issues.

Attachments

• denali 009.jpg
    denali 009.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 40

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 285's and have rubbing sometimes. Your denali looks like it's cranked to the max already. Can you confirm? I need to crank mine up a little more since adding my ranch hand made me sag back down to where the tires rub at half lock over bumps. I'll probably opt for 265's when I need to get new tires unless I can talk my woman into letting me add a body lift.

OP
OP
C

custom99

Reaction score
I am not cranked at all. The truck was 100% stock and untouched until I put the wheels on. Not even sure what make the wheels are but they have the same offset as the stock ones. My wife has been running the crap out of the truck since her car is still in winter storage. She has not experienced any rubbing at all. I am not going to crank until I see how it looks after I get the body lift on it. She is mad that I took the boards off and putting the BL before her car comes back out but it's my toy.I have a pretty big grade difference going into the driveway and I have not had any issues no matter what angle I pull in at.