2021's not shipping because of hail damage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gaffster01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just be patient and wait until it shows up like our ancestors? I've wasted several days per week tracking down items that were in transit, on time and on schedule. God forbid there was a forest fire, then all the experts started calling telling us how to get around it and wondering why there were still delays.
Because we don’t live in that world. GM is definitely not on time or on schedule. Even their dealers can’t figure why or how they deliver dealer stock orders when customer sold units of the same build sit. The information they provided is at best lacking and at worst a half truth. The Amazon comparison is a good one.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because we don’t live in that world. GM is definitely not on time or on schedule. Even their dealers can’t figure why or how they deliver dealer stock orders when customer sold units of the same build sit. The information they provided is at best lacking and at worst a half truth. The Amazon comparison is a good one.
I think you made my point for me. Life happens and things almost always take longer despite the best of intentions. Obfuscation and outright lying only makes things worse.

21SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update on my above post… my truck that still shows pending on JCT arrived on Tuesday and we took delivery yesterday. So while JCT “may” be useful, it’s definitely not being updated consistently.

Last edited:

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the New Vettes are going through the same mess that the SUV'S have to deal with Missing Chips, Hail damage and whatever else.

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
I wonder if the New Vettes are going through the same mess that the SUV'S have to deal with Missing Chips, Hail damage and whatever else.
I would guess not to the same extent.
Vettes are built in Bowling Green, KY. I'd also guess in much lower quantities than these.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The holiday slowdowns may actually work out better in the long run. start working on clearing the backlog of MP holds, storage units and work on 22 production in January…….after mine gets in the system of course….

Unfortunately the sales reps aren’t the Maitre `D where you could slip a $50 or a $100 to get moved up on the wait list.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will also state for the record that the GM website search is a big joke.

I entered 250 miles for example….550 hits……

Filter price, color, trim, nd options……still have 550 hits……. Then every time you select a model….it goes back to the beginning of the search. Doesn’t even giv you the option of selecting color first………I have only two colors to search Midnight Blue (1) and Satin Steel (2). NO Others. Jet Black interior only. I get about 35 hits for Gideon interior.

Elise201424

Reaction score
The holiday slowdowns may actually work out better in the long run. start working on clearing the backlog of MP holds, storage units and work on 22 production in January…….after mine gets in the system of course….

Unfortunately the sales reps aren’t the Maitre `D where you could slip a $50 or a $100 to get moved up on the wait list.
I had a dealership tell me that GMC shut down production for Christmas the entire month of December… That possibly can’t be true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bb115