2017 GMC Yukon fog light issue...LED vs Halogen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
4OFFSHR

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up and thanks! I am getting ready to order the lights from Amazon, but I have a stupid question. Is this simply a plug and play fix, or is there some wiring, cutting, etc. to do? I am not an electrical guy, but I can't imagine this is very difficult to do? Lastly, on the Amazon site, it doesn't specify if the $30.21 price is for one light or two.
Hi Paul,
I included the pictures so you can see it really is a plug and play, not complicated at all...that was apart of why I was so baffled at the beginning as everything when I searched kept saying 5202, but the PSX26 is the right one. Just unbolt the 3 bottom bolts of the fender liner, that way you can get both hand up under there to the unplug the light, rotate the light out, put the new one in, and plug the harness in and you are all set.

Check when you rotate in the light bulb that it is in properly, my driver side felt a bit loose at first but I did not have it in the housing properly, I rotated it a bit and it fit in perfect.

Hope this helps! Also, the price is for a pair.

PaulNY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
I included the pictures so you can see it really is a plug and play, not complicated at all...that was apart of why I was so baffled at the beginning as everything when I searched kept saying 5202, but the PSX26 is the right one. Just unbolt the 3 bottom bolts of the fender liner, that way you can get both hand up under there to the unplug the light, rotate the light out, put the new one in, and plug the harness in and you are all set.

Check when you rotate in the light bulb that it is in properly, my driver side felt a bit loose at first but I did not have it in the housing properly, I rotated it a bit and it fit in perfect.

Hope this helps! Also, the price is for a pair.

Sounds pretty easy that even a Geico Gecko can do it lol. Thanks so much and am glad to hear it's that easy! When you ordered the lights from Amazon, did the $30 cover two lights or just one? It doesn't specify on the Amazon website. Thanks again.

OP
OP
4OFFSHR

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty easy that even a Geico Gecko can do it lol. Thanks so much and am glad to hear it's that easy! When you ordered the lights from Amazon, did the $30 cover two lights or just one? It doesn't specify on the Amazon website. Thanks again.
Hey Paul, it is the price for a pair, not a single light...at least the kit I ordered which was just about that $30+ price. Like $32 something delivered. The package contains two LED lights!

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
I really feel dumb, am I missing something here on how the Halogen bulbs take a LED replacement???
Everything posted says 5202, but the factory Halogen bulb has no 5202 markings on it and they both have completely different mounting positions???

Attached is the photo of my factory Halogen Fog light from my 2017 GMC Yukon XL SLT, and next to it is the LED replacement lights I ordered to swap them out, and the LED light does not lock into the fog light housing at all???

Am I doing something wrong here...feeling kind of stupid at the moment...any help, tips, or guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks Guys!

View attachment 199614 View attachment 199615

Hey you need psx26w not 5202.

Here is the listing for a better replacement. Use coupon code saveme20%

https://vanquishauto.com/led-headli...a-output-12000-lumens-bright-white-6000k.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really feel dumb, am I missing something here on how the Halogen bulbs take a LED replacement???
Everything posted says 5202, but the factory Halogen bulb has no 5202 markings on it and they both have completely different mounting positions???

Attached is the photo of my factory Halogen Fog light from my 2017 GMC Yukon XL SLT, and next to it is the LED replacement lights I ordered to swap them out, and the LED light does not lock into the fog light housing at all???

Am I doing something wrong here...feeling kind of stupid at the moment...any help, tips, or guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks Guys!

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks Guys!

IMG_2393.JPGIMG_2391.JPG

OP
OP
4OFFSHR

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey you need psx26w not 5202.

Here is the listing for a better replacement. Use coupon code saveme20%

https://vanquishauto.com/led-headli...a-output-12000-lumens-bright-white-6000k.html

Hey Vanquish Auto, thank you for posting, but you may want to double check your database, I went to your site when doing my initial research by vehicle and attached is a screenshot where you're showing that the application is also a 5202, not sure if there is a model year split? But figured you guys might want to be aware that the application shows the 5202 instead of the PSX26W. If the correct parts would have been listed I probably would have spent the extra money to purchase from you vs. Amazon. My apologies, I am a business owner as well and find Amazon to be a tough competitor, but had the information been correct on your site that business would have definitely come to you. When you google search 2017 GMC fog lights, almost everything comes up 5202 for some reason, unless you research specifically PSX26w, and if you have not gone under your vehicle to pull the actual bulb and read the fine print, people will never know, and all searches will come up with 5202 as the application.

OP
OP
4OFFSHR

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Vanquish Auto, thank you for posting, but you may want to double check your database, I went to your site when doing my initial research by vehicle and attached is a screenshot where you're showing that the application is also a 5202, not sure if there is a model year split? But figured you guys might want to be aware that the application shows the 5202 instead of the PSX26W. If the correct parts would have been listed I probably would have spent the extra money to purchase from you vs. Amazon. My apologies, I am a business owner as well and find Amazon to be a tough competitor, but had the information been correct on your site that business would have definitely come to you. When you google search 2017 GMC fog lights, almost everything comes up 5202 for some reason, unless you research specifically PSX26w, and if you have not gone under your vehicle to pull the actual bulb and read the fine print, people will never know, and all searches will come up with 5202 as the application.
Sorry forgot the screenshot

20180526_115705.jpg

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened, but in my end shows correctly. I have also double check with another browser and it's all good, I just had to refresh the system and look like is all good now. Thanks anyways and in case you may need fogs replacement in the future or any other lights, don't hesitate in contacting us, we offer 20% OFF for all members in here!

COUPON CODE : SAVEME20%

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 3.35.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 3.34.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 3.34.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 3.34.16 PM.png

OP
OP
4OFFSHR

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what happened, but in my end shows correctly. I have also double check with another browser and it's all good, I just had to refresh the system and look like is all good now. Thanks anyways and in case you may need fogs replacement in the future or any other lights, don't hesitate in contacting us, we offer 20% OFF for all members in here!

COUPON CODE : SAVEME20%

View attachment 200225
View attachment 200226

View attachment 200227
View attachment 200228
Thank you! Glad you were able to get it worked out...also appreciate the discount offer for members!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE