2016 Hennessey GMC Yukon Denali HPE800 0-60 in 4.1 !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is cool but will be stupid expensive w/ a built stroker motor & other mods
damn impressive for a bus moving that fast ;)

OP
OP
Yukon John

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His customers are the guys with money that want "XL" room for kids and gear and 'vette/ZL-1 Camaro performance. He modifies quite a few trucks and cars in his shop.

As you say...it's damn impressive to move a nearly 3 ton brick that fast !!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ i agree
callaway, lingenfelter, local shop or do it yourself

@ least there is a list of parts & an idea of ballpark power ;)

OP
OP
Yukon John

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the biggest marketing hooks Hennessey has is that you can buy a car/truck/SUV through an affiliate dealer, finance his modifications wrapped into the deal and still maintain the 3 year 36K mile powertrain warranty. I'm not sure that this stroker motor model is included with that offering.

For real you can buy a 2.9 Magna Charger DIY kit for south of $6500 and DIY...but there is a huge segment of the enthusiast market that want's a turn key vehicle with a warranty that they can purchase thru a dealer network...i.e Sewall or Hendricks. Hennessey is selling to that segment...and doing well at it.

With most of Hennessey's packages he's doing head work, cam changes and transmission upgrades on top of a blower install. For those of us who can do it ourselves...it gives us a nice preview of what the results can be.

As for me...if I could convince my wife that we need a supercharger on her daily driver/boat tow vehicle...I would whisk it away to Hennessey in a blink !! LOL

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Google Hennessy and I am sure you would all change you mind. He is a major rip off. Unfortunately. I started to follow his work and loved what he did. The more I looked in to him and his work the more dirt I dug up with out looking for it. Over all he is not an outstanding guy. Sad to say. But it is impressive how fast he can get the brick to move tho.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I've known John Hennessey for years and he's a douche. Old shop I worked at was right next to one of his older places and he was always doing shady stuff, and always robbing peter to pay paul. He would sell his soul to the devil if need be, but he gets away with it by being "such a good hearted christian." He may be able to make big power but so can about 1,000 other tuners out there also. Hes not thought of too highly even in the Houston area where he is.