2015 Yukon HID Conversion from The Retrofit Source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm would like to know this as well.

Yes. Must be sealed.

If you run wires through it, cut a hole in the middle and SILICONE THE HECK OUT OF IT. If you dont seal it, water will get inside and ruin your headlight.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the setup is on the ltz with the oem hids? I would hate to not seal it properly and have condensation build up in my headlights.

sydlanier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just received my HID kit from TSR and was curious where you connected the grounds. I installed a CAI over the weekend and I don't have much room for the relay and ballast. Looks like they will be too far away from the battery to connect the grounds at the negative terminal. Any suggestions on grounding points on the passenger side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be very happy with the TRS swap. It will certainly be much cheaper and easier than trying to swap out for Denali units.

BoyWonder41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trouble Shooting

I'm wondering if you've heard of any problems with the incompatibility of HID kits and LED DRLS. Recently decided to do a HID kit conversion to my 2015 Yukon SLE. I installed the first kit plug and play with headlight to ballast just a in your photos. Both fired up fine before starting the truck but then they started flickering once the DRLs came on while running. The driver side ballast died shortly after. I then used another ballast that I had laying around to get both headlights working again and decided to used a single beam wiring harness with a capacitor to try and resolve my issues. I've read on this forum that this helped. Prior to starting the vehicle I turned them on and they fired up perfectly. My problem now is that after I started the engine neither headlights come on. No fuse is blow, the DRLs and parking lights come on but no headlights and no sound from either ballast. I'm puzzled as to why I may be blowing ballasts. I thought that if anything I wouldn't be getting enough power which is why I added the harness. Any suggestions? I don't want to disable the LED DRLs. I have new ballasts coming but don't want to blow them too. I am suppose to use just one capacitor with the harness, right?

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recently installed my TRS 5500k silverado spec kit, looks great and lights up the road 10x more, has pretty good cutoff and flicker as well for oem projectors. no brainer mod for those with halogens.

mine havent color shifted yet so they are still white/yellow.
FullSizeRender10.jpg

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this and it worked when we tested it prior to putting MAF back on. Once the MAF was put back on the driver side light wouldn't come on. WTF? Bad bulb or ballast? Anyone else have issues with this kit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested everything on passenger side and it works. It's only my driver side I'm having issues with. If I disconnect the HD relay on the driver side it works, otherwise it doesn't work when I follow the diagram.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

I am using both relay and can bus and without the relay it was like 80% of the time it would not turn on

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Do you have pics of this? I have the silverado spec kit which comes with the HD relay and my driver side bulb isn't coming on. Want to make sure I hooked it up right. Which side do you have the capacitor on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae

Latest posts