2015 LTZ with a couple gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, the $5k included the upper and lower control arms which are very pricey.

Sorry to hear but have to say not I'm not surprised given what we went through. The steering wheel problem are a known issue and plagued a good percentage of 1st half 15 models but yet they are not willing to do a thing since we are past the 36k. I'm trying to decide whether or not to repair and just keep driving it or unload it and take a big hit as the used market is flooded.

I can't imagine how ticked I'd be if I bought it new of the lot and had these issues within the 1st 3yrs.

FLY60S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That is impressive. For the most part, drive trains are bullet proof ...if properly maintain. That being said, we have no control when or if electrical components start to fail.

Yeah. The electrical systems on our trucks do seem to have a fair number of issues. I can't complain because most of my electrical issues were easy fixes. One of the side benefits of owning an older truck is that there is a YouTube video for pretty much anything I need to do.

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am affected by the condenser being complete crap and was told by GM that most cases have an ETA of 60 - 120 days. I asked the guy how they expected me to just deal with going an entire summer with no AC in my familys primary car. GM doesn't care.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I too am affected by the condenser being complete crap and was told by GM that most cases have an ETA of 60 - 120 days. I asked the guy how they expected me to just deal with going an entire summer with no AC in my familys primary car. GM doesn't care.

pretty much ******** I think. How about getting the vendor to run 3shifts until they get caught up. and hopefully the replacement part has been redesigned or you will all be in the same sinking boat 24 months from now. Once again we have an engineer that graduated at the bottom of their class !! just my 2cents good luck!

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn. It seems like the AC is the only issue we haven't had with our mid 15. Hopefully we have a good one as it will definitely be the last straw if it fails.
Any idea the cost of total repair if out of warranty?

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i have seen it is at least $900, and takes about 8 hours.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit, this A/C issue has me a little worried. There is absolutely no way I can go without working A/C for more than a day in the AZ summers and having two little kiddos in the backseat. I'll really be crossing my fingers that my Tahoe can avoid this one especially now that I have crossed the 30,000 mile mark and closing in on two years of ownership.

Glocksub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's completely unacceptable. GM or the dealer should be providing loaners to those with no working AC in the summer months if part supply is making customers wait 2-4 months.

affliction4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I asked GM the same thing but they said they are not offering anything other than letting us wait right now.

I called GM customer service and spoke with a supervisor there and he said right now nationwide its in the 5 digit range of people with this same issue. Apparently it affects several models from 2012 to present

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

vballrican

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I asked GM the same thing but they said they are not offering anything other than letting us wait right now.

I called GM customer service and spoke with a supervisor there and he said right now nationwide its in the 5 digit range of people with this same issue. Apparently it affects several models from 2012 to present

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well, my AC went out on my 2015 Tahoe LTZ after 79k miles... Dealer said that there is a special warranty for a specific problem but didn't say what... i have an appt on Wed to take it in for diags. Wish me luck! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645