2015 LTZ with a couple gremlins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Traveling Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I posted he following at another forum with no response other than suggesting that I post here.

My 2015 Tahoe LTZ is currently at a dealership for service work w/ 52,000 miles. My passenger seat lower cushion heating element does not work. I agreed to have the dealership diagnose the problem for $114 and another $114 to diagnose why my A/C completely stopped working.

I received a call about an hour after dropping the car at the dealership that the A/C is $900 to fix and another $1000 dollars to replace the seat element.
uhoh2.gif

The dealership was great in that they agreed to fix the A/C for $300 but that they could do nothing about the seat heating element. I figured I would call GM customer support seeing as though I am a loyal GM owner (3 and still making payments on 2). I figured that would get me somewhere...nope. It was suggested that I should have bought an extended warranty. I think they were right, lol.

Anyhow, any suggestions on a cost effective fix for the seat would greatly appreciated.
peace.gif

Thank you,
John

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is issue w/ seat? broken wire or element? defective part?
if wire, you may be able to repair it.

maybe look in forum classifieds or fleabay for a replacement...

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before putting any money towards the repair check on line pricing for GMPP extended warranty(google search). Bell or Vaden are the two that I found and they are both automotive groups that sell the GM warranty at a discounted price. Whatever you do do not buy an aftermarket warranty. GM only. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

Traveling Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great suggestions and thank you!

maybe look in forum classifieds or fleabay for a replacement...[/QUOTE

maybe look in forum classifieds or fleabay for a replacement...

The lower cushion element is fried. Dealer says the part is $700 plus labor.
good suggestion to check EBay or classifieds. I paid for the diagnosis ...I think they would give me the part number. Thank you

OP
OP
T

Traveling Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The lower cushion element is fried. Dealer says the part is $700 plus labor.
good suggestion to check EBay or classifieds. I paid for the diagnosis ...I think they would give me the part number. Thank you

OP
OP
T

Traveling Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Before putting any money towards the repair check on line pricing for GMPP extended warranty(google search). Bell or Vaden are the two that I found and they are both automotive groups that sell the GM warranty at a discounted price. Whatever you do do not buy an aftermarket warranty. GM only. Good luck.

OP
OP
T

Traveling Man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the aftermarket warranty advice. The GM customer service rep made me feel stupid for not buying additional warranty coverage at time of delivery.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the aftermarket warranty advice. The GM customer service rep made me feel stupid for not buying additional warranty coverage at time of delivery.

Salesman: "For $60,000, I'm selling you a premium vehicle. Yessir! Top-of-the-line, best-of-the-best! No worries about power, comfort or reliability..."

Customer: "I'll take it!"

Salesman: "You really should buy our extended warranty. There's so many cut corners in this thing that it may not even get you home today. But, if you pay me a few thousand dollars more, I'll consider fixing those issues for you if we determine that they fall within certain guidelines that we set"

Joking aside, I don't see how paying someone to warranty their vehicle makes any sense. Calling it an insurance policy is more accurate. On that note, how much was the extended warranty? If you feel like you're probably not gonna have any other issues, then paying to have the seat and A/C fixed would still be cheaper than that "warranty", right?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But look at what he has already paid for just the check out fee, $228 not counting what he has to pay for seat repair $300 plus $1100 for the AC. GM extended warranty $1500-$2000 and also takes care of any future repairs. Do the math. And yes an owner should not have to repair their expensive vehicles in a perfect world. Too many complicated and expensive electronics in these new vehicles not to have an extended warranty or just don't buy the new electronic laden vehicles.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
poking around online...
good general info...

this site from vid (http://www.theseatshop.com/) sells seat parts for older ones... i dont see 2015+ listed. might be worth calling them for options or recommendations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts