2015 2WD LTZ Front left POP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin25q

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been reading through some other post and have seen several people complaining about a "Pop" under the driver's floorboard. I have that same issue and have replaced inner and outer tie rods, upper control arms, end links, and rotors and breaks (all around, I know unrelated to the "pop"). I have the lower control arms arriving tomorrow and I'll switch them out this weekend. I had the alignment done 2 weeks ago and asked them to do the "suspension inspection" (only cost $9.99 with the Ole Military Discount). They said they noticed the lower control arm bushing toward the rear had a small amount of play, so he tightened it up. It went away for about 5 miles and has gotten much worse over the last 2 weeks. I'm hoping that since the bushing supposedly looked "janky", that him cranking down, just did it in, and that the new one will fix it. I will update this thread once I replace them.

With all of that said, can yl think of anything else that might be causing the pop when the suspension shifts? I saw one guy mentioned a steering clip and spring that the dealer replaced? Any ideas or experience that yall may have would be greatly appreciated, especially if these lower control arms don't fixe it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service.

What do you mean when you say, "the suspension shifts"? Is it a constant when you do any one or two things? Any speed differences? Turning? Turning at different speeds? In and out of a driveway or speed bumps or backing up, or or or .........?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

If the pop occurs when you give the motor some gas, check the 2 mounts for the front differential.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

If the pop occurs when you give the motor some gas, check the 2 mounts for the front differential.
He says he is 2wd.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on body mount. I would also look at lower ball joints. Got burned back in the day on a 2003 savanna van 2wd that had a weird popping noise. Chased body mounts, etc. Didn't think lower ball joint because it was low mileage.......ended up being lower ball joint

OP
OP
Kevin25q

Kevin25q

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service.

What do you mean when you say, "the suspension shifts"? Is it a constant when you do any one or two things? Any speed differences? Turning? Turning at different speeds? In and out of a driveway or speed bumps or backing up, or or or .........?
Thank you! Usually while turning and weight shifts. Speed, direction, and the how much I turn doesn't matter. When I mentioned "suspension sion shift" I am referring to any time weight is shifting to and away from the front left of the tahoe. I hope that explains it better... words are hard today!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kevin25q

Kevin25q

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Agreed on body mount. I would also look at lower ball joints. Got burned back in the day on a 2003 savanna van 2wd that had a weird popping noise. Chased body mounts, etc. Didn't think lower ball joint because it was low mileage.......ended up being lower ball joint
The lower control arm that came in today has the ball joint included. Hopefully that will take care of it, but I'll check out the body mounts if it continues!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar