2015 2nd Row Seat Swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad I came across this post. As I assume everyone has experienced, dealers (for whatever reason) really only stock the captains in the Denali. I'm not a Denali kind of guy (currently driving a 2010 Sierra Crew with cloth bench), but I decided on a Denali because of the 6.2L, magnetic ride, electronics package and a few other things. If I had my way I'd have a 9-seater in cloth with the 6.2L and Blu-ray, but those are apparently incompatible. I settled on ordering an 8-seater Denali in the color and option configuration that best suited me, but the dealer acted like I was insane to not want the captains chairs.

I have 4 kids and the bench seat means that I can carry all the kids, plus drop the 3rd row if needed. A 9-seater would let me carry the whole family and drop the third row for cargo, or drive all my kids plus a friend for each. Also, when you drop both the back rows, there is that large gap in the front of the load floor which makes loading some cargo awkward.

Mark985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad I came across this post. As I assume everyone has experienced, dealers (for whatever reason) really only stock the captains in the Denali. I'm not a Denali kind of guy (currently driving a 2010 Sierra Crew with cloth bench), but I decided on a Denali because of the 6.2L, magnetic ride, electronics package and a few other things. If I had my way I'd have a 9-seater in cloth with the 6.2L and Blu-ray, but those are apparently incompatible. I settled on ordering an 8-seater Denali in the color and option configuration that best suited me, but the dealer acted like I was insane to not want the captains chairs.

I have 4 kids and the bench seat means that I can carry all the kids, plus drop the 3rd row if needed. A 9-seater would let me carry the whole family and drop the third row for cargo, or drive all my kids plus a friend for each. Also, when you drop both the back rows, there is that large gap in the front of the load floor which makes loading some cargo awkward.

I'll trade you a bench seat if your interested. It's manual fold not power though.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I ordered it with the bench seat, but haven't taken delivery yet.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would've ordered a denali if it had a bench. But I ended up getting the SLT bc it had a bench... Sucks bc gm and I both lost out on that one. Needed bench for three baby car seats.

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would've ordered a denali if it had a bench. But I ended up getting the SLT bc it had a bench... Sucks bc gm and I both lost out on that one. Needed bench for three baby car seats.

You can order a Denali with a bench, but it's the better part of a 12 week turnaround at this point.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that's what they said and I decided to pick one from the lot. 2-3 months is way too long.

Thumper32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll trade

I would also like to trade my bench for buckets I hate the middle being bench I have 4 kids and buckets would work so much better for us I have a 2015 suburban LT with black leather so if anyone is interested please email me at [email protected] I don't get on this forum very often so an email would get to me a lot faster. Thank you

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
time to bump this thread...has anyone actually done the swap yet? I have a set of buckets on the way and I'm trying to determine what else I might need to do or purchase when doing the swap. It appears that maybe only the carpet insert might need to be changed out otherwise the 8 bolts are utilized for the buckets just like the bench.

I am removing my bench for buckets. With 4 kids and two in car-seats, I feel that access and floor space outweighs the extra seat the bench provides.

jeetaa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
time to bump this thread...has anyone actually done the swap yet? I have a set of buckets on the way and I'm trying to determine what else I might need to do or purchase when doing the swap. It appears that maybe only the carpet insert might need to be changed out otherwise the 8 bolts are utilized for the buckets just like the bench.

I am removing my bench for buckets. With 4 kids and two in car-seats, I feel that access and floor space outweighs the extra seat the bench provides.
i have suburban 15 with black bench. im in NY and down to swap.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the swap over the wknd and it is very simple as some have already mentioned. The carpet inserts are slightly different as the bench has a couple extra slits. 8 bolts and remove...very simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts