2015 2nd Row Seat Swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats COMPLETELY USELESS. Where are you going to take that many people that you wouldn't have to have at least the smallest amount of cargo?!?!?!?!

Dinner...?

Seriously though, I agree. Completely useless without any cargo space whatsoever in the back.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok this is an option to consider, obviously if you have that many people with luggage you need a van like sprinter. Or buy a trailer for luggage. Obviously the third and fourth row are for kids , op has a lot of kids and planning to have more :)
If i were in his shoes i'd consider this and maybe even execute it. Its always reversible if u dont like it

squigmang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does anyone know if a power folding, heated middle bench from a 2008 will fit in a 2016 Tahoe ?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread to read through. I have a client with a 2003 Z71 suburban that I detail often. He put a big metal bracket into the floor behind his third row seat for apparently another seat setup. I've yet to see it though haha. That's what the escalade in the video with the extra seats made me think of. Haha. I can't imagine it would be all that safe. I wish the gmt800 platforms are easy to swap middle row seats. I know it takes a a lot more work to go from bench to bucket and vice versa.

squigmang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does the floor bracket have to be swapped also, or can you swap just the seats?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the floor bracket have to be swapped also, or can you swap just the seats?

brackets are different (bench has additional mounting points) but do mount in same locations...it would be a lot more work vs just swapping seat and bracket all together.

MTVP

Reaction score
I just picked up my Escalade that was ordered with a bench this week. The dealer dropped the ball and it arrived with captain chairs. They are going to make the switch. A $2500. mistake on their end. It is no problem to swap them around. Of course they keep telling me that resale with bench seats is a hard sell and far less desirable. Can you say hidden agenda.

Last edited:

Tony1888888

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have cocoa dune (tan) color bucket seats for a 2015 Yukon. They are the same setup if you still want to trade. I am in Jackson, MS.
I have tan bench seats for 2012 chevy Tahoe looking to trade for bucket seats

jameshb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for newest body style Tahoe/Yukon leather bench seat in tan (cocoa/dune). I have power folding heated bucket seats to trade.

codee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon with a black bench seat and I'd like to trade for captains chairs if anyone is interested? My 2nd row is power folding and heated, great condition no rips, tears or stains - I'm in MN.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts