2015 2nd Row Seat Swap...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vadang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to buy a bench for my 16 escalade and found one from an ESV. I read the one post that says short and long wheel bases will not fit, but is this for sure? I compared all the parts I could from the online parts lists and they seem the same for the most part, but cannot say for sure. Any help would be great!

IamZ

Reaction score
I did it a few weeks ago. Bought a bench off eBay for my new '16 Denali XL. The swap was super easy, pull back carpet, remove bolts, SUPER CAREFULLY remove seats and put the bench in! You do need a different carpet for it to work properly but I just used an exacto blade and cut the original carpet so it'd work with the bench. The entire process took me a little over an hour but I did it alone. With a friend helping, easily a 20 minutes job!

calebmjones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did it a few weeks ago. Bought a bench off eBay for my new '16 Denali XL. The swap was super easy, pull back carpet, remove bolts, SUPER CAREFULLY remove seats and put the bench in! You do need a different carpet for it to work properly but I just used an exacto blade and cut the original carpet so it'd work with the bench. The entire process took me a little over an hour but I did it alone. With a friend helping, easily a 20 minutes job!

Did you sell your buckets?

IamZ

Reaction score
Thought about it but then decided to just wrap them up in some big Hefty bags and put them in the basement. The wife likes the buckets and is hopeful we can go back to using them once we're done with all the rear-facing carseats.

hiro_miro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry if I am tread jacking but I have a 2015 lt Tahoe with dune color bench and would like to trade for capt chairs if anyone want to trade me.

jameshb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sorry if I am tread jacking but I have a 2015 lt Tahoe with dune color bench and would like to trade for capt chairs if anyone want to trade me.
I have cocoa dune (tan) color bucket seats for a 2015 Yukon. They are the same setup if you still want to trade. I am in Jackson, MS.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i am sure its doable on our cars.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems like a massive safety hazard should they get rear ended...wouldn't want to put my kid's life on the line in seats (in their position & mounting) that weren't approved in any sort of crash test ratings with all the distracted drivers out there nowadays.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a massive safety hazard should they get rear ended...wouldn't want to put my kid's life on the line in seats (in their position & mounting) that weren't approved in any sort of crash test ratings with all the distracted drivers out there nowadays.
although you have good points i dont think it would matter if its installed well.
the third row in the tahoe isnt that far off from the rear window either

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thats COMPLETELY USELESS. Where are you going to take that many people that you wouldn't have to have at least the smallest amount of cargo?!?!?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094