2015-2020 Locking Gas Cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Den Ali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are there any locking gas cap options available for 2015-2020 vehicles?

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. I have the capless fill-neck and tried looking into options but have found none.
2. Locking caps only keep an honest thief out - even the cheapest set of chinese pliers twists one right off.

OP
OP
D

Den Ali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
first go ahead and try to siphon some gas out I bet you can't without taking something off the tank from under the vehicle.

More concerned about something foreign being put into the tank.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More concerned about something foreign being put into the tank.
It has 2 spring loaded flaps, it can be done but you would have to stick a 8" long cylindrical tool into the filler cap to make the flaps stay open for anything go in the tank including liquids
so unless you have some really spiteful neighbors or crazy ex you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to even add injector cleaner or additives you have to use a funnel that will reach past both flaps otherwise it just spills and goes down the side of your vehicle

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has 2 spring loaded flaps, it can be done but you would have to stick a 8" long cylindrical tool into the filler cap to make the flaps stay open for anything go in the tank including liquids
so unless you have some really spiteful neighbors or crazy ex you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Clearly you've never met my ex-wife!! LOL!!

Jokes aside this is good intel. I quietly wondered the same thing....

Thanks!!

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Yukon XL has a cap on it. I can put fuel injector cleaner in without a funnel. Was their a year that they went to capless?

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any locking gas cap options available for 2015-2020 vehicles?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/acdelco,GT376,fuel+tank+cap,5900

Here is the original part number rather than Rockauto's part number

ACDelco 84308352

It is for the capless fuel fillers. Its not really going to stop a person trying to put something into the tank only the 2 flaps really help with that but this is does help keep dust and mud etc from getting on the top flap to get pushed into the tank if your filler door dust seal lets dirt in or you are in severe dusty conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbyo