2013 Yukon Denali w/ 30k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BU-Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all - I currently have a '03 Z71 Tahoe with 217k miles on it and am using it as my daily commuter. I'm kicking around the idea of upgrading her and came across a '13 Denali with 30k miles on it. Two owner, dealer loan (but was really the owner's wife's car -- put aprox. 7k on it); then sold to a local bank president that used it to drive around clients (golf tourneys, etc,). Maintenance was done to the letter and I have access to the records. Still has about 6 months or so on the bumper to bumper and another 3 years on powertrain/70k miles.

I've never owned a Denali, but they appear to be pretty nice (again -- used to a '03 hoe).

Wanted to ask a few questions of the group:
1) this has AWD vs 4x4 -- what does the group think of this? I don't do any off roading, just want to have security if I drive to Colorado for backpacking or go up an occasional muddy road.

2) what are the red flags for this model? Any issues that have come up with this model/year these past two years?

(Other options I could look at is a '15 LT 4x4 -- but about $10k more)

Would love the thoughts from you guys who are more well versed in GMC.
Thanks in advance...

Boyntonx2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming u have the 5.3in your Tahoe, between the awd and the 6.2 engine your going to lose about 5mpg, denalis average around 13mpg depending on your driving style. Not a deal breaker for most of us since we don't drive big suv's for the milage, but something to be aware of

coacht

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My fiance has a Denali with the 6.2 and I drive a Silverado with the 5.3 and she actually averages better mileage than I do. This is mainly do to my driving style in the 5.3. I came from an old (97) 5.7 Vortec that would get up and go, anybody that drives a 5.3 knows that isn't the case.

I debated just buying a Tahoe, but I knew I didn't want another 5.3 and man, am I glad we didn't settle. I love driving the 6.2. Even if we did lose mileage in the Denali I'd take the 6.2 all day over the 5.3 in a Tahoe or my truck.

bizrjr

Reaction score
I bought an 11 Denali a few months ago. The positives for me would be power/sound, space, comfortable ride, style is on point and it seems that in general it will be a strong reliable vehicle. Downsides are outdated technology and sound system, no frills dashboard, instrument cluster and interior lighting ( not the biggest deal just given the price and upscale vehicle I'd expect a bit more in the later years but they kept 2007 running the whole model length). Also borderline useless cargo space when the third row is up.

All said I'd recommend one if your interested but with the low mileage 13 I'd assume the price tag is high $40K range maybe even $50k? In my opinion that's too much money with how nice and updated the 15-16 Tahoe and Yukon models are now. I'd look for an 09-11 with 50-60K miles which could be had for prob $27-32K range depending on year and seller. If well kept and maintained it will be the same reward as an expensive 13. Could even get an extended certified warranty.

OP
OP
BU-Z71

BU-Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input all. Price seems reasonable: $42; plus a trade in on my Tahoe ($3) - so looking $39 off the lot. Still would need to do taxes and all.

I hear you on the technology side of it vs the 15/16s--I am used to driving an '03, so a '13 is light years ahead of what I'm accustomed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziphren

Latest posts