2013 out of warranty - dead battery, AFM motor probs, falling apart...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wife had a LTZ that she really babied.

the driver side rear power fold seat was worked on about 3 or 4 times (parts delays & reworks) and the base was still busted up, they could not get it in without breaking it, and the knob fell off, I went to two dealers, and neither parts guy could find the PN for the knob (down where the 3rd row kid would stub his toe on the bare metal lever)

the plug came off the rear defroster, the only way I could see to fix it was to buy new glass.

the wife's remote was coming apart at the seam.

the dealership we use checks the alignment EVERYTIME, but I noticed the tires were wearing on the edges from too much toe.

she usually picked kids up from school, set a lot at school with DVD on, been coming up "battery level is low, please start vehicle"
I thought that was due to her running the heated seats & auto headlights & DVD
(I usually open the door to turn all that stuff off)

took it in to get the oil changed at a different dealer, and the next day, the battery died, the Service Tech said "oh yeah, the OEM batteries only last enough to get you out of warranty"

the Service Tech also said "your alignment is WAY OFF, you need four new tires soon" (yeah)
and "the brake system uses two different types of metal pipe, and your brake fluid is contaminated & needs flushed for $300" (looked at the fluid, it does look nasty & brown). She wanted to flush something else for a few hundo.

next day, battery dies. $175 or so.

we go on a cross country trip, the "side radar" system quits working

1/3 way home, the AFM starts acting up at the motel, shut off & restart to go get supper, seems fine

get down the highway, the AFM starts acting up while going up hills.
come to find out, the AFM had been acting up (missing & shaking) before, but she had forgot to say anything, because it cleared up.

finally, we just stopped in west Tennessee & bought a 2016
even though it had a year left in powertrain warranty, would have been a HUGE mess to leave it in Tennessee , have it repaired, then retrieve it.

I pray about everything, I love God & trust God, but I don't trust GM...or AFM.

thread on AFM delete:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/afm-delete-by-dealer.58230/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn