2011 Yukon XL BFG 285/70R17 KO2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonka44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, this forum came up a lot when I was trying to figure out what to do so I figured I'd add to the database for future reference. I had been worried that a 285/70/17 would be too much and I was juuuuuust about to pull the trigger on 275's but I found some stuff here that made me go for it...and I'm glad I did.

2011 Yukon XL 1500 4WD with BFG all terrain T/A KO2 LT285/70R17. The 121/118R, load range E, 10 ply tire.

Rough Country 2" front level kit.

I had my trusted local place install the level kit and the tires + alignment. I don't even know what if anything they did to prevent rubbing, didn't care or think to ask (when ordering I mentioned it would be fine and I knew it might be needed). But, it doesn't rub. I did a 3 point turn on an incline at full wheel lock forward and reverse just to leave the shop parking lot and there was no rubbing, knew then I'd be fine.

I've only gone up to about 50-55 so far (by chance, just done yesterday) but road noise is no different than the stock tires or the Michelin 265/70 LTX MS2 I had prior to this.

Before and after photos attached. Before is stock with stock size 265/70R17, after is the 2" level kit and the 285/70R17 KO2.

All photos are on a slight decline (front slightly downhill from rear)
yukon after 2.jpg yukon after 3.jpg yukon after 4.jpg Yukon before 265-70-17 LTX MS2.jpg

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great, I kinda regret not getting the KO2s, the MTs on the truck right now howl at highway speed to the point that it is really bugging me. Well done, looks great!

OP
OP
Tonka44

Tonka44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
looks great, I kinda regret not getting the KO2s, the MTs on the truck right now howl at highway speed to the point that it is really bugging me. Well done, looks great!
Thanks.

Without forums like this one, I'd have no idea about, well, anything. I almost wonder how people ever figured anything out before the web. Just hope the local guy(s) you run into isn't an idiot? Buy whatever the advertisers for the magazines are pushing on the writers? lol IDK

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well back in the day, we used to talk to the guys in our neighborhood about these things, in person!

Looks great and you'll love the tire, especially when it rains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fstrtd666