2010 LTZ Park Assist module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickbassman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 2010 Chev Suburban LTZ 150k owned for a few months now. Park Assist Service on DIC when we bought it. I did have one sensor in rear bumper bad so I replaced all 4. Button on console doesn't turn it off light stays on. Right rear backup light is out and does not have 12v to it. Ground is good. I did energize the light green wire coming out of the module above the spare tire and can make the bulb light. I've been told that the park assist module might be bad and if I change it myself I would still have to take it to a dealer because it is not plug and play! Is that so?

Thanks Rick

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of the modules in these trucks, including things as mundane as the power window switches, require programming to you VIN number using a Tech2 scanning tool. I would not be surprised if that's also true for the park assist module.

OP
OP
R

Rickbassman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Just called dealer and yes they said it has to be reprogramed. $315 which includes the module.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Just called dealer and yes they said it has to be reprogramed. $315 which includes the module.
Glad to help. Since you're new to this rig and I would imagine plan to keep it for a while, you might be money ahead in the long run to invest in a Tech2 clone. I have one and it's already paid for itself several times over. They run about $379 with a carrying case on chinacardiags.com. https://www.chinacardiags.com/whole...or-gm-saab-opel-suzuki-isuzu-holden-1011.html

Also, we maintain a list of folks on this forum who already have a Tech2, so if you post your city, maybe someone nearby can loan you theirs.

And, you can get the part on Rockauto.com for $50.

OP
OP
R

Rickbassman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad to help. Since you're new to this rig and I would imagine plan to keep it for a while, you might be money ahead in the long run to invest in a Tech2 clone. I have one and it's already paid for itself several times over. They run about $379 with a carrying case on chinacardiags.com. https://www.chinacardiags.com/whole...or-gm-saab-opel-suzuki-isuzu-holden-1011.html

Also, we maintain a list of folks on this forum who already have a Tech2, so if you post your city, maybe someone nearby can loan you theirs.

And, you can get the part on Rockauto.com for $50.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^X@^^ on the Tech 2. I recently had one of my backup assist sensors go bad, and the Tech 2 not only confirmed the source of the issue, it also told me which one of the 4 sensors was bad, so I only had to buy and replace one (instead of replacing all 4). That savings alone, paid for my Tech 2.

I've had my Tech 2 for over 2 years, and in that time, it has saved me over $5000!!

me88

Reaction score
For programming new modules I think a Tech2 alone is not enough. You need the ACDelco subscription (SDS?) and other things to flash modules.

Goebz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HEY GANG! anybody in NE OHIO have a TECH 2 I could borrow? M+Been chasing a golem in the Park assist for a while. Reg Mechanic said I needed to take it the dealership to have the module checked and or flashed. New Mech wants $300 to do it. The part is $15 but the Tech 2 is running over $300!

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you unplug it, it will quit bothering you.
Option 'A' in my book because the beeping drives me nuts.

Here is a thread with a Tech2 owners map.

But as @me88 said, it can NOT program your new module if that's what you need.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts