2009 tahoe..Is there a mod to add: AC SEAT to existing seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have std LT2 package with power and heated seats.....but I've always wanted cool seats too..Just curious is someone's done a mod to add or what would be involved.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I'm also interested since I'm considering a 2500, which doesn't have the option of cooled seats and I love the cooled seats in my 09 LTZ.

I think it would be pretty difficult. You'd have to swap out the door controls, then run a wire from the door to the fuse box. Hopefully the space for it is there in the non-cooled seat equipped vehicles, but I don't know for sure. Then you'd have to swap out the seats themselves since the cooled seats are perforated and have a slightly different design, and run the wires underneath the carpet to the seat, reattach the power and heat stuff.

See, I don't really know how the cooled seats work (and hopefully someone with more experience can chime in and answer), but here's what I think. I think they have their own fan below the seat that takes air from an A/C duct underneath the seat and distributes it to the perforations. If that's correct, running that A/C duct would probably be the most difficult part.

One of these days I'll take a flashlight and try to look underneath my seats for more clues.

Anyway, subscribed.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I would assume you couldn't do it with existing seats, but were you to get a new set of seats and a harness I don't see why it shouldn't work.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It's a lot of work. Seats, panels, but mainly the floor harness for both sides, fuse panels. Be cheaper to crank the ac higher lol

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it working you will need the body harness seats and switches and don't forget to add the fuse where it says cooled seats had me cursing for hours lol

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More details

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it didn't cost me a single dollar, i bought a crashed ltz for 800 made my money back with the parts plus profit plus heated and cooled seats/// you just need the body harness it runs from the distributer in the kick panel and the rear doors front seats and trunk, it was easy the only problem i had was that i had to re organize the wires going to the rear doors because the donor was an ltz and mine was a ppv ls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645