2009 Powered Liftgate assembly fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Are the power liftgate assemblies all interchangeable from 07-14?

I've diagnosed my issue using a Tech 2 and as a bad liftgate motor (not the module, not the latch etc).

When looking for parts, there are a ton of assemblies on places like ebay. They all say 07-14 GM SUV. I have my doubts..

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The best way to verify is find a GM online seller that allows you to enter your VIN and check the part against that. Once verified, check another similar site.

Once the part number is nailed down, then you can shop online for the best price.

Have you replaced your lift struts yet? That’s a more common problem as well as the safety sensors. If you’ve had a tech2 isolate the motor already, never mind.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best way to verify is find a GM online seller that allows you to enter your VIN and check the part against that.
Yeah that's a good idea. I do find that some of the sites (I use GMparts giant and gmpartsdirect for referencing) don't always have matching compatibility lists. I'll try 4-5 sites and see what cross referencing does.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Last time I looked, RockAuto had some of the lift struts on clearance. Be 100% sure you order the correct ones for power lift gate and not manual or for the glass.

OP
OP
J

jared999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I looked, RockAuto had some of the lift struts on clearance. Be 100% sure you order the correct ones for power lift gate and not manual or for the glass.
It's definitely not the strut. I hooked up my tech 2 clone and it's the motor that's taken a dump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecomundo

Latest posts