2008 Yukon Denali, 135k miles, part 2!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Damn I've never seen those wheels that bad, even here in Alaska.
I'm not sure the mobile rim guy can do much but wire brush and paint, don't think he can rechrome.
would need to blast the entire wheel and rechrome for a proper finish for lots of $$$
Or what I would do is powder coat them high gloss silver or black,, charcoal..

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't like how tight the pads were. I redid the drivers front and rear. I paid attention to rust removal behind the guides. Everything went together much nicer. I'm glad I looked. Passenger side next as the job allows!

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I am with 05single. Powder coat them there are lots of good colour choices to pick from. Then Use them for winter rims or something. I have never seen rims go like that and I am in a snow belt and they use lots or salt and grine on the roads here. I power wash twice a week to keep the salt off

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the title to arrive. They've got 2 weeks to get it to me.

Still mulling over what to do with the leaky trans lines. Might cut out the bad parts and replace with rubber hose.

Then belts. Then tires.

At least the air filter looks ok. Still replaced it though.

kjxjBXf.jpg

Maybe it will all be done in a month?

cbV8idg.gif

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure at the trans, that was just the cooler line I linked and changed on mine. If I remember right, the connection at the trans was a manifold with a bolt holding it on. I doubt you would have to remove the trans.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not need to drop trans. But accessing all fitting points of factory trans cooler lines can be a PITA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman